Author Topic: Arthritis supplements - bewildering choice  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Arthritis supplements - bewildering choice
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 09:25:04 AM »
I have been looking to see if I can get a high strength one for Alice. I always though Cosequin and Seraquin (horse size tablets  :tired: ) were the best, but there are so many on the market now - some with different extras added etc. Some of them imply that others aren't pure  :shify:.

Anyway, I have opted for the high-strength cortaflex, called corta-vet. They claim it has 'smaller key active isolates' of the active ingredients - smaller molecules that work better. Not sure if it is fact-based or BS  :shify: - also, I wonder if I have been duped by the 'vet' bit in the name  :evillaugh:

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/joint-supplements-cortavet-cortaflex-range-c-4_241/corta-vet-canine-feline-p-803 I bought the capsules as I'm not sure how you measure out the loose powder.

ETA - I just saw the loose powder on another site and the loose powder comes with a 2g measure but they tell you to give 1/3rd of a measure  :Crazy: - if they had a cat-sized measure, I would buy it the next time as a 120g pot would last 6 months.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 09:30:16 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat