Author Topic: Hyperthyroid cat and felimazole?  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Daveuk

• Kitten
Hyperthyroid cat and felimazole?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 20:12:06 PM »
Hi my cat is 15 years old he was throw out by the people who own him so we have him now.
I took the cat down to the vet and spend over 200 on him he had all the tests including the cat aids test but he came up with having Hyperthyroid gland problem. my vet put him on 2.5 felimazole but did not work has good now he on 5mg 2 times a day but he is biting is fur on the back on is leg on one spot no where elses could this be a side affect of the table we have 5 other cats not had him that long so it might be stress maybe. any one had the same problem with Hyperthyroid cat and felimazole.
Thanks
David

update
Hi i just like to no has anyone had any side affects with using this treatment
felimazole
My cat has itchy skin it happen on just the one leg it itch that mush that he has loss is fur so before i go back to the vet for a check up i mwas thinking of using this product
VetGold Cream 60ml
VetGoldā„¢ is an all-natural Dead Sea product specially designed to promote the natural healing of dry, damaged and irritated itchy skin. VetGold is enriched with Dead Sea minerals, natural oils and natural plant extracts that rejuvenate, revitalise, moisturise and nourish the skin cells. VetGold does not contain any non-organic medicinal chemicals such as cortisone, steroids or synthetic vitamins which, with prolonged use, may cause harm.

Also has one one use the other treatment like
Carbimazole
Radioactive iodine
He is due to see the vet next week.

Link to CatChat