Author Topic: Neutering costs  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Neutering costs
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 14:54:51 PM »
she should have come to conventry lol!  she doesn't begrude paying it although she isn't exactly rolling in it but I just think its a con

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 13:57:46 PM »
At the moment in coventry there is a bit of a price war. Castration is £17 and chipping £7 so no excuse why we will be overrun with kittens next year!

(you'd be cheaper coming to coventry, staying in a hotel overnight - or even making a weekend out of it!)

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 13:56:46 PM »
Our feral mob are done on a CP neutering voucher its the other booster, ID Chip, Program, de worm and anything else that makes up the £150 average we pay on top of the neutering voucher!

Just to add I get all the trapped cats ID Chipped back to me just in case one is killed should they venture back towards the road, all the other stuff is just for me to feel that they will stand a better chance with all the good stuff done
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 12:04:37 PM »
It cost £30 something when I had Harry done at my vets (although this was years ago now as he's 4 soon) so yes thats a ridiculous amount!  :shocked:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 09:59:13 AM »
it really is the one they could do cheaply - its stories like this that put people off going to the vet

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 19:17:38 PM »
When Sooty was done it cost me £146 that was just for Neuturing & bloods! Think i was also Conned aswell! They said he needed bloods as he has sore gums whatever next. I changed vets after that x

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 17:56:33 PM »
That is really expensive. My vet has some outragious prices, but cat castration is only £37.92. Microchip is £24.80 or £20 when done with vaccination/neutering.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 17:35:02 PM »
That sounds outrageously expensive.  I know that in some places (USA for one) it's  more common to blood test kittens, but I dont think it's necessary and your friend should at least have been asked if she wanted that doing.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 16:44:34 PM »
I think she's been robbed! Young, outwardly healthy, kittens shouldn't need blood testing before the op. 

When the boys were neutered Riley had the blood tests but Lu didn't as Riley was being tested for his 'heart issues' (aka overexcited play with da bird!) so was also having an X-ray while he was under.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 16:39:05 PM »
seems like bloods were done, she said

i had the choice to do or not do, but the things they were saying made me feel i should

this is the same vets where the nurse said if the kittens bite she should bite them on the ear, new vet I think!!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 16:35:05 PM »
Did she go for blood tests prior to the neutering? If not I can't believe that two male ops plus chipping cost that much - that's extortion!  :Crazy:

My vets are quite expensive and it's £50 each for neutering and £20 each for chipping so £140 in total.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Neutering costs
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 16:25:56 PM »
a friend of mine has just had her two boys neutered and chipped the total £270 am I alone in thinking that is shocking!!

Link to CatChat