Author Topic: Still diet issues?  (Read 1972 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Still diet issues?
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 19:51:08 PM »
Hopefully he wont throw up a better quality biscuit! Whiskas wet/dry can be rich for some, if you want an average wet food try felix, its blander imo.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 08:52:42 AM »
And it is usually Buy on get one free over Easter  ;)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline James

• Adult Cat
  • Jack
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 08:47:12 AM »
you might want to try the pets at home own brand dry food (in a silver bag) its a pretty reasonable price but the nutritional content is much better than go cat

Thanks - will do!!  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 14:19:45 PM »
you might want to try the pets at home own brand dry food (in a silver bag) its a pretty reasonable price but the nutritional content is much better than go cat

Offline James

• Adult Cat
  • Jack
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 14:18:30 PM »
This is the kind of comb i find useful for getting lots of dead hair out:
http://www.petmeds.co.uk/p-3588-mikki-moulting-comb.aspx

How long have you had him? It can take a long time for them to loose the feeling of this could be your last meal so scoff it quick.

What brands are you feeding him?

Thanks, i'm brushing him regulary - but a new brush might be in order. ;D
I've had him for just over 2 months. I'm still trying different foods - but mainly whiskers in jelly (he does like the pate (whiskers/gourmet gold, but they are a bit too rich - vomit  :sick:) But he's not fussy, he'll eat anything! Loves dry food (despite no teeth) I give him Go-Cat for indoor cats (he is indoor, but it helps the 'kibbles' are round - i'm guessing he swallows them whole!) Thanks.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 10:05:41 AM »
This is the kind of comb i find useful for getting lots of dead hair out:
http://www.petmeds.co.uk/p-3588-mikki-moulting-comb.aspx

How long have you had him? It can take a long time for them to loose the feeling of this could be your last meal so scoff it quick.

What brands are you feeding him?

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 11:17:57 AM »
I always use the wire slicker brushes on my guys, the love being brushed with them which helps too.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 10:50:04 AM »
they're all different - some love company some don't - It trial and error

Offline James

• Adult Cat
  • Jack
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 10:44:02 AM »
you could get one of those timer feeding dishes?

the fur thing is just a matter of brushing more regularly while he is getting rid of his winter coat

:thanks: Done, and doing. (Should I get a metal comb? I have one with 'rubber tipped spines' and a 'normal' hair brush type)
 No chance of another cat though? Think he would be jealous/territorial? (I'm don't know why i'm even letting it cross my mind, it's too soon - but i'm thinking company for him, he probably just likes his own company - and he would still eat the timer food!!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:32:02 AM »
you could get one of those timer feeding dishes?

the fur thing is just a matter of brushing more regularly while he is getting rid of his winter coat

Offline James

• Adult Cat
  • Jack
Still diet issues?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 10:29:26 AM »
Jack is a Hogg! (not being too rude, he's great  8)) But he is such a mooch, I break his meals down into small amounts (when I can, I work - got to pay for his ping pong balls!) But he eats so quickly and everything at once. The problem? Vomiting. He's been in a 'rescue centre' for 4, yes 4years!! ( :censored: Don't get me started!!) So I think he's just had dry food, which he still eats ( no teeth..) but i'm thinking the wet food is maybe too rich - he loves it though. But he will still stuff himself with dry and vomit!

Lots of info/Q's - sorry.
Different thread probably - been thinking he might like a FIV pal to chill with? He might just be really jealous/threatened? Thoughts?
But I couldn't get another - because of the food. How could I feed them - Jack would eat it all!!! Greedy  :naughty:

Thoughts on the vomiting? Shedding fur ATM? Causing vomiting?

Link to CatChat