Author Topic: Clapton Sores - now given Surolan - any experience with this?  (Read 22729 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Clapton has more sores on his body
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 19:55:57 PM »
Thanks pav but I already spent £15 and I don't think a few drops of alcohol in a bowl of water will do any harm?. I let a girl in my class try the spray today as she is stressed and told her it is snake oil. She had never heard the expression and my Physics lecturer thought it was funny.

Edit - I just googled it - I wish I had heard about it before I spent the money  :(

I will have a look for it again - they had all kind of rescue remedy in there, including a skin cream. Maybe I missed it. The Canterbury Boots is huge.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 20:01:30 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 18:13:33 PM »
I check again for alcohol free one, i think i saw in in boots but not sure. Do you want me to get you some if they do?

I just checked the site and i was right they do alcohol free for pets.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 18:37:57 PM by pappilon »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 17:59:32 PM »
I bought some this morning but I didn't see an alcohol-free one. All vitamins and supplements are 3 for 2 in boots so I bought a spray, drops and a night-time one to try.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 17:20:13 PM »
I agree with Nikki, few drop of RR might help, i think now they do the alcohol free rescue remedy.

Sending Clapton gentle  :hug: .

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 20:34:33 PM »
I know its not for cats but it stops the scratching - we had issues with Frontline and Spot on and used this on the bald patches and had no issues and all the hair grew back

Thats why all bar Ace and Blue totally unhandlable ferals who are both Profendered we use Program for the cats and dogs now

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 19:19:11 PM »
Has he started eating different food?

http://www.aromesse.com/pages/petnat/dermacton.htm
On Leighs post he says this product isnt for cats

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 19:09:01 PM »
Sorry Mark, only just seen this  :shy:

No practical advice to add I'm afraid, just wanted to say I hope they clear up soon.

Sending Clapton a gentle head rub  :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 17:40:38 PM »
I'm assuming the sores are licking lesions, is that right Mark? If so, it could be stress related so Nikkis RR suggestion is a good one. :) (Despite what OH thinks about "that kind of thing." ;))

That's what I thought although there are a couple of scabs on his head. I just saw his scratching his head with his back claw so maybe caused by that.

I am a bit annoyed with myself as I was only in boots an hour ago buying various stomach things for myself and poor Clapton slipped my mind (Last week at uni so really busy)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 17:41:57 PM by Mark »

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 10:57:47 AM »
Thanks Nikki - I will get some - although OH doesn't trust stuff like that  :evillaugh:

Poor Clapton  :(

Have you tried Rescue Remedy in the water also hun, worked for Vesti when he needed calming.

RR will do no harm hunnie at all, it is natural apart form the minute amount of alcohol solution they need to put in it.    It doesn't cost a bomb so you aren't realloy loosing anything by trying it.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 10:47:28 AM »
I'm assuming the sores are licking lesions, is that right Mark? If so, it could be stress related so Nikkis RR suggestion is a good one. :) (Despite what OH thinks about "that kind of thing." ;))

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 22:23:46 PM »
Thanks Nikki - I will get some - although OH doesn't trust stuff like that  :evillaugh:

Have you tried Rescue Remedy in the water also hun, worked for Vesti when he needed calming.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 22:18:47 PM »
Those before and after photos are amazing - hope it works for him Mark  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 22:15:53 PM »
Thanks Liz - He will no doubt lick it off so hopefully it is safe. I'm not too keen on him havibng steroids so hopefully this will do the job.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 20:31:23 PM »
Mark this Cream seems to work on allergies and its natural and delivered in 2 days also money back if it doesn't work

http://www.aromesse.com/pages/petnat/dermacton.htm

Used it on a couple of the ferals bald patches and on Jazz where her bandage was rubbing - she now has a shorter bandage! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 20:28:04 PM »
how's Clapton today Mark ??
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 19:51:57 PM »
It could be a flea allergy Mark
Three years after I had my infestation cleared, Misty had these weaping patches on His head?? so I took Him to the Vet
and she said it looked like a flea allergy causing his scent glands to weep, they did look red and sore, but they didn't
seem to bother Him?? the vet did say because He'd had fleas before, he may well be alergic to them, and that it would
only take one bite from a flea to kick it off ( Hamish was Fine and so was I  ;) )

I think they gave him some flea treatment or antihistamine injection ?? and it soon cleared up  :Luv:

Sending Clapton some get well soon Vibes  :hug: :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 19:54:37 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 19:06:58 PM »
Poor Clapton.  You are confident it's not an allergy of some sort?

I'm not confident of anything. The vet said she thought it was a flea allergy although I thought highly unlikely as he always gets treated. She said one bite can set up a reaction. I think it is stress related. He had it around 4 years ago but got a lot better until recently.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 14:30:30 PM »
Poor Clapton, I wonder whether the stress is a factor, maybe it will settle if he is calmer but skin problems/allergy's can be a nightmare to solve, best of luck and let us know how he get on xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 14:09:14 PM »
Sending positive vibes for Sweetie Clapton~~~~~~ :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:14:23 AM »
Poor Clapton.  You are confident it's not an allergy of some sort?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 06:56:05 AM »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Clapton Sores - now given Surolan - any experience with this?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 23:33:00 PM »
 :(

I will have t get the vet to do another home visit. He seemed to be getting better after his steroid jab. She also gave him a spot-on in case it was a flea allergy which I didn't think it was. We also bought 6 feliway plug-ins as she thought it would help to keep him calm. It is my last week at uni so I will have to wait until Friday. He doesn't seems bothered by them and is eating normally etc. The odd thing is, he does seem a lot calmer. Normally, If one of us passes him in the hall when he is eating, he runs off but he isn't bothered lately. I wish they could get to the bottom of it  :(
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:45:01 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat