Author Topic: Percy's playing games with me!!  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Percy's playing games with me!!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 18:09:29 PM »
Having recently posted quite a :briggin: note on how well Percy has taken to his new raw diet.........now I'm in trouble  :scared:.  I made up the second batch of raw mix (using InstinctsTC), using chicken and rabbit (as before) and adding a little beef to the rabbit to make up the required 900gms.  I also ordered a large bag of InstinctsTC ready to do the next lot.  Guess what - he's not touching it!!!

With regard to the Yeoman's (Back to Nature) meat, no you don't need to use the Instincts powder with it as the meat contain the organs and bones, so it is balanced and complete.

I've heard that happens sometimes after a good start - I suppose its the novelty the first few times? Had you used beef in the previous recipe? Liver can be a sticking point initially, I know mine weren't keen to start with but they love it now!

Offline Mitramonday

• Adult Cat
  • Percy
Percy's playing games with me!!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 17:16:44 PM »
Having recently posted quite a :briggin: note on how well Percy has taken to his new raw diet.........now I'm in trouble  :scared:.  I made up the second batch of raw mix (using InstinctsTC), using chicken and rabbit (as before) and adding a little beef to the rabbit to make up the required 900gms.  I also ordered a large bag of InstinctsTC ready to do the next lot.  Guess what - he's not touching it!!! :evillaugh:  :P!  I may possibly have gone just a little OTT on the liver (there was so little left in the pot that I didn't want to refreeze it) - other than that, I can't think of anything else that's different?  I've tried warming it, feeding it cold - the other night he ate the lot after it had been out for a few hours (is that safe, or should I be removing it after 30 minutes?).  Why might he have 'gone off' it after such a, seemingly, good start?! I've also seen the other post re. suppliers of raw meat - I take it I can't use this with InstinctsTC (as they already have the calcium added)?
Still on the subject of 'playing games' - he does something really strange.....when playing with me, he'll take a mouthful of my flesh (there's a fair bit of it!!) and will then push with his teeth - more 'gumming' (except he does have teeth!)  :rofl: not biting, not hurting in any way, but a sort of pushing movement?!!  It's very cute but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this?

Link to CatChat