Author Topic: Willow's MOT - it's anaemia, CRF and possibly HyperT  (Read 18954 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: I think Willow will be going for an MOT today
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 14:05:04 PM »
Willow has CRF and has to go on Fortekor from today. Her T4 is borderline high so they want to retest once the kidneys have stabilised. One of her white blood cell types is raised which is usually caused by worms so I will worm her today. She said none of these things explain the sneezing so to bring her back in for an antibiotic jab is she continues. I said Willow is difficult to pill. She said a few of their customers who have cats that are hard to pill bring them in once a month for vitamin B + steroid jabs but this isn't ideal.

I will just have to be firm with Willow. She doesn't eat treats and never even eats the food put in front of her so it will have to be a case of brute force.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 13:31:58 PM »
glad it went ok, how is the widdling going at the moment?

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 13:26:55 PM »
Glad that Willow seems to be okay and good luck with the full results :hug:

If all is well Mark you have some spare money for treats to!!!! ;)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 12:27:36 PM »
The vet said her lungs are clear, heart OK, Temp OK etc and if anything it is likely to be an upper respiratory infection. She was going to give an antibiotic jab + anti inflammatory tabs. I asked about full bloods. She asked if I wanted T4 as well. I said yes. When I went to pay, I questioned why she wasn't given the jab. They said that they will wait for blood test results - which I should have later today. Full bloods + consult was £95

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 10:02:12 AM »
I. too, hope all goes well and that Willow is ok  :hug:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 09:17:26 AM »
Hope everything goes well at the vets and that Willow is soon feeling better  :hug:  :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 09:13:14 AM »
£80- does seem cheap. I have warned OH to expect £150+ - It's worth it as I would hate to think she has something that could be controlled.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 08:59:54 AM »
Leo had a full health check last year and it cost me 80 quid which i thought was reasonable. They did full blood works etc.. and kept him in for part of the day.. Well worth doing on senior puss cats... Not sure if AH vets do that though, i used Broadway.. But i am sure if you ask they will
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 08:55:03 AM »
I was hoping it was a furball and have been giving her Katalax but no luck. Its hard to tell if she has a cold as her eyes have always been runny due to cat flu when she was a kitten. She is also the runt. The thing is, she is as energetic as ever so I hope it is just a case of eliminating things. (no pun)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 09:22:32 AM by Mark »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 08:48:19 AM »
awww, I know some cats are sick more than others we have had a couple like that but I think you're doing the right getting her overhauled Mark with her being a bit off it too  She does sounds sweet though and always makes me smile when you say she taps your face and purrs  :Luv2: bless her.  Good luck at the vets.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 08:49:31 AM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Willow's MOT - it's anaemia, CRF and possibly HyperT
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 08:41:32 AM »
She is still coughing & sneezing on & off. She had a coughing & sneezing session at 5am followed by being sick. I am trying not to worry as it was followef by her eating some RC sensitive and then she jumped on the bed tapping my face and purring  :Luv: She has always been sick a lot but has been doing it more. Also the increased drinking is worrying. I am going to get them to do a full blood panel. As we are there, I am going to get her urine checked as well. She also scratches one of her ears sometimes. Basically I think she needs a thorough MOT.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 20:52:53 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat