Author Topic: False Labour in Cats?  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: False Labour in Cats?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 19:25:54 PM »
Maybe she was trying her luck to shift the butter sooner rather than later  :rofl:

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
False Labour in Cats?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 18:43:11 PM »
Remember the thread cross posted from Cat Chat re: the little girl that I picked up from Derby, where she had been ushered into a neighbouring shed with her 4 kittens.

She looked as if she was at least 5-6 weeks pregnant when I collected her, so I decided that she could have this litter and then be speyed.

Over the weekend she stopped eating and on Sunday about 4pm she started contracting. At 7pm she had the biggest poo that would have done justice to an elephant.  :sick: She became very quiet but there was no straining and not a great deal of attention to the rear end. No bulging membranes, discharge or show. She had reorganised her nesting box over night and was in and out of that.

This moring nil, zilch, naff all on the kitten front and she bowled me over for her brekkie. Called the vets who said bring her in. One ultrasound later and Mr Vet says she is only about 7 weeks, healthy kittens in utero and it must have been a false labour.   

Sp guess what the question is?
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Link to CatChat