Author Topic: Royal Canin renal tuna pouches  (Read 1260 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: Royal Canin renal tuna pouches
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 18:55:03 PM »
OK, vet's nurse has some basic info. The tuna nosh is a lot higher in calcium and higher in potassium than the chicken. Bit lower in protein (6.8 instead of 8 I think) and fat. Phosphorus 0.09 as opposed to chicken 0.1 so insignificant. I have no idea if it's better or worse than the chicken food, given liver and kidney issues.

Update: it's 10g lower in fat than the chicken pouch, and has about 35 fewer calories per pouch. Which is a lot if they aren't eating much. I'll be using it on days when Swamp's nose is so bunged he can't smell and/or he's bored with the chicken one, as a supplement. I already have to feed 6x a day to keep his weight stable as he doesn't eat much in one go  :Crazy:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 11:10:54 AM by swampmaxmum »

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Royal Canin renal tuna pouches
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 17:24:55 PM »
I've bought a couple of the above new food for mine and they seem to like it. It's a lot smellier than the chicken one and I hope they'll continue to eat it (when I buy a lot, lol). RC's website is sooo french ie completely hopeless to navigate and missing lots of useful info (sorry but having lived in France for 2 years I am up to  :censored: with this type of website!) and I can't find any info on whether the nutritional and calorie content is the same as the chicken one. There seems to be less in the blender than when I blend a chicken pouch, but that *could* be misleading as it needed a bit less water.

has anyone got any info? I have tried calling the no on www.royal-canin.co.uk but got voicemail. Hope they will call me back. Food may be worth a try for the picky eaters out there. Some fell on my hand and it still stinks despite the lavender soap  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat