Author Topic: Doc uneasy, do you think its cause we are moving?  (Read 1301 times)

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Doc uneasy, do you think its cause we are moving?
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 12:21:49 PM »

I dont know if its because the environment is changing and he doesnt like all the changes because its too much - or if he remembers that the last time stuff like this happened his previous owners left him behind  :(

It's probably a combination of both. I'm sure he'll feel better once everything has settled down again and you're all unpacked and sorted. Good luck with the move.

Emma

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 10:17:15 AM »
Yep, it's just a bit weird for him because it's not like you can sit him down and say "it's alright, we're going somewhere nicer!"

Mine have got uneasy in the past when I've moved too. Just try and give as much fuss and keep his routine as close to normal as possible up until the last minute! ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 09:57:15 AM »
I think they hate any change. Willow peed up somebody's suitcase yesterday as they left it in the dining room  :-[. She was not impressed. I sprayed simple solution on it and got told off for soaking it  :-[
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 09:24:12 AM »
Hi Dawn,

Sorry to hear that Doc is upset  :(

We had a big clean and change aorund of furniture a while ago and Kiki was very upset, she was wandering around, crying loudly, wouldn't come to us and was just generally out of sorts for a while. She is very sensitive to things changing and if she sees bin bags and boxes her ears go down and she is under the bed! Because ours has only ever been short term shuffling she rights herself after a day or so, but i only said to Jon the other day that i dread to think what she will be like if we move house  :-[

Hope you have some luck with the Feliway from Ela  :luck:

ems
xxxx

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 09:14:11 AM »
Thats very nice of you Ela, do you want me to make a donation for it?

No thank you. Please just IM me your address
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 09:00:05 AM »
Ela, its more the fact that he hates the vet rather than the microchip itself - he gets so stressed and leaves little sweaty paw marks on the desk  :(

We are getting him chipped this week for definite - before we move I was just thinking that the rescue remedy might help with that too. I will get some for him tonight and try putting some in his water before taking him to vets prob tomorrow night, they are really good at fitting us in.

Thats very nice of you Ela, do you want me to make a donation for it?  ;D
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 08:51:34 AM »
- do you think I should leave that until he has had some of the rescue remedy stuff?

I would suggest you get Doc chipped ASAP, we chip all ours and very seldom do you hear a murmur.

but don't really know what else to do. I can't afford to buy a feliway diffuser thingy

As I have posted a number of times none of the  have ever had any success with the diffuser but great success with the spray. If you IM me your address I will post today a travel spray Feliway

RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 08:42:01 AM »
I had some of that recently for my job interview - then I opened the car door and it shattered onto the pavement  :-[

I will buy some more for him today - payday - thank god! (hoping they havent messed up my first pay packet!)
I need to take him to the vets in the next few days for his microchip - do you think I should leave that until he has had some of the rescue remedy stuff?

To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 08:38:28 AM »
Poor Doc!  he's probably just feeling uneasy with all the packing and with things being different.  How about trying some rescue remedy?  You can add it to drinking water or can rub it behind their ears.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
Doc uneasy, do you think its cause we are moving?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 08:36:25 AM »
Doc has seemed a bit "not himself" this weekend. We have been going mad packing everything up to move on Saturday - everything in boxes (he has been helping with that bit  ;D ) cleaning everything, sorting/chucking stuff too.

He has started going to the loo on the floor alot  :( and also (he does this sometimes anyway but it is alot more often) he is going around the rooms meowing really vocally to nothing in particular. He seems to be doing it in the rooms that have changed the most (bare walls, loads of stuff packed up etc)

I dont know if its because the environment is changing and he doesnt like all the changes because its too much - or if he remembers that the last time stuff like this happened his previous owners left him behind  :(

When he gets like that I have been trying to give him lots of attention and pet him etc, telling him he is coming too - but don't really know what else to do. I can't afford to buy a feliway diffuser thingy - any other ideas to keep him happy?  :'(

Link to CatChat