Author Topic: Mss Pee  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Mss Pee
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 12:10:58 PM »
have you spoken to the vet again recently, I know a couple of people where problems have been missed - one turned out to be bladder cancer and the other very severe cystitis both were put down to behavioural issues first

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 21:18:25 PM »
I could never give her up, though I have been thinking of finding her a new home (that was last year). If I knew she would be happier, but then again, she's so close with our lab, she would miss her like crazy. Besides, she's the mascot of our company, which is named after her, surely she has to stay?
She's really cute, adores my husband (and the dog as said) and, o well, I just love her and put up with all the cleaning :shy:
Every life should have 9 cats

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 20:21:31 PM »
If her health is ok then something else needs sorting but Feliway may help.  I hate to say this but do you think she'd be happier as an only cat?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 20:13:15 PM »
On the leaflet it will say how much space it covers, one is normally enough. I think for small issues feliway is ok and can help but it wont cure a bigger problem.

Does she have litter trays to use?

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 22:31:57 PM »
It's sad that the others are chasing after her  :( has it been like this for 4 years?  :shocked:

no, not really, can't remember when it started.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 21:56:19 PM »
It's sad that the others are chasing after her  :( has it been like this for 4 years?  :shocked:

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 21:52:12 PM »
I think it's a combination. She had bladder problems twice but nothing alarming was found.
But she's stressed, she is the black sheep of the cat family, some of the others always chasing after her.

Wibblechick, I put the air fresheners to put her off peeing and it helps, but can you see my living room full of them  :shify: There is one in most corners. But she pees in my sink, on my sideboard, on my dining table even!!
And everytime I think it's better, because I don't see wet spots, we discover a different place after some time where it has been building up  :sick:

Is it true I need more than one device of Feliway? My house is not that big, two rooms downstairs and a tiny kitchen in between.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 19:59:40 PM »
Has she had a full mot, urine tests etc?
Does she have access to a litter tray?

If it is the other cats then she wont stop expressing herself that way whilst living with them  :(

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 14:48:01 PM »
When we first had Mr T, he was spraying .....

I found that rubbing his favourite toy (that he had often rubbed his head on) into the areas where he had "misbehaved" worked a charm.  I suppose because it smelt of him and was reassuring  :)

Just a thought - I wonder if there is something in the air freshener that smells to her like another cat?  The same stuff thts in some disinfectants?  We found that when someone used ordinary household disenfectant to clean the floor after Mr T had piddled over the edge of the litter tray (we were away overnight and a friend was on cat-duty) that he kept peeing over the edge until all smell of the disinfectant had gone. 

I use biological washing liquid on any pee/poo accidents  :)

Hope that might be of some help  :)
People Power Works!!!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 14:43:05 PM »
Spraying Feliway worked well with Schui and he had poor sense of smell.  If you haven't already tried it it's worth a go but I found you must use it frequently as directed.  It's really sad she's stressed by your other cats though - have you only recently adopted her?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 14:44:31 PM by Janeyk »

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
Mss Pee
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 13:06:12 PM »
Noa, 4 year old calico, very sweet cat but stressed with other cats.
She pees everywhere, on my sink, on my cupboard, in corners....
I have these french windows in my office with pretty curtains, she pees against them  >:(
We tried everything, they have permanent access to outside.
I put these room fresheners in corners (type gel block)
Any more ideas??

Link to CatChat