Author Topic: tiggy being sick, Advice needed  (Read 2563 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: tiggy being sick, Advice needed
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 23:25:27 PM »
No problem...hope you get lappy and stuff working soon  :hug:

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 23:22:45 PM »
That was abreviated as i was using my phone and it doesnt let me type many words and i wanted to fit it all in, sorry x

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 22:53:51 PM »
Was the last post i wrote whole words? As when i typed it it was and for me to look at it looks fine, i think my laptop maybe upto no good lol if it is ill stay away from purrs until my pc is back up and running

Think it was this one

"Yep wormed about a fortnite ago wiv milbemax, she was jst havin 2 meals a day bt im nw gna feed b4 wrk in lunch break afta wrk n late evenin, she jst had a small meal and so far it has stayed down "

:rofl: :rofl:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 22:49:47 PM »
Was the last post i wrote whole words? As when i typed it it was and for me to look at it looks fine, i think my laptop maybe upto no good lol if it is ill stay away from purrs until my pc is back up and running

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 22:41:10 PM »
Please can you try and type whole words cos I am having problems reading your posts......I know my typing is nothing to shout about  :rofl:

Sounds like the small meals are helping  ;D

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 22:37:23 PM »
Tiggy hasnt been sick all day she has had 5 small means all together she has eaten 2 pouches and about 10g of biscuit, do u think this is enough?

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 19:27:21 PM »
Yep wormed about a fortnite ago wiv milbemax, she was jst havin 2 meals a day bt im nw gna feed b4 wrk in lunch break afta wrk n late evenin, she jst had a small meal and so far it has stayed down

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 19:12:47 PM »
She had this problem before and it resolved when she ate slower? Does she just have 2 meals a day? If possible try to feed smaller but more regular, one of mine cant go for too long between meals or it comes back up  :tired: hence im tied into 4 meals a day!

Also is she still wormed regularly

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 17:54:14 PM »
Regards 2 smal meals and often i startd this 2day i fink il give it a wk and c how fings go if not itl b bak to the vets if she gets worse b4 hand il take her sooner, both her and pipin had poorly tumies as kitens bt pipin is fine now

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 17:51:47 PM »
Tiggy wil b 2 in july she went to the last tym she went to vets regardin her bein lyk this was end of last yr n al tests came bk negative again, atm she is on applaws n natures menu and a smal amout of pah premium dry,

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 15:36:32 PM »
you could try mixing wet and dry
Every life should have 9 cats

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 15:28:27 PM »
She was on hils science plan dry then pah premium dry bt she wasnt eatin it properly n startd to loose weight, i need sugestions 4 a tasty dry food that she cant swalow whole lol

How old is Tiggy? if she is constantly hungry and skinny it would be a good idea to get her checked again at the vets.

Most cats swallow dry food whole unfortunately, although some of dry diets have larger biscuits that are supposed to encourage crunching, think Hills T/D is one - although its not the best dry food with regard to ingredients. I wouldnt recommend feeding only dry though anyway.

What wet food are you giving her at the moment? What about giving her smaller meals more frequently?

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 14:33:42 PM »
She was on hils science plan dry then pah premium dry bt she wasnt eatin it properly n startd to loose weight, i need sugestions 4 a tasty dry food that she cant swalow whole lol

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 13:22:52 PM »
If you want to keep her on wet RC Sensitive is good

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 12:39:33 PM »
I would say a good sensitive dry but ideally one with large kibbles that need to be crunched but I can't think of one. Otherwise, Hill's nature's best has large kibbles.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 12:22:35 PM »
I never ever give wet food as it makes all my cats vomit. They don't have to chew on it, therefore swallow it too quick and give it back instantly.
Every life should have 9 cats

• Hero Cat
tiggy being sick, Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 12:02:30 PM »
When tiggy was a kitten she had bed diarohea and sickness i spent a fortune on blood tests and it came down too sensitive digestive system, Since then she had really improved and has started to be able to eat wet food but over the last few days she has been sick a few times after eating,
I think that she is eating too quickly and eating to much at once and as she is skinny it makes her sick,
Any advice please?
I now make sure i only feed her a little bit and once the other 3 have finished eating i pick there left over food up so that she cant eat it, she seems constantly hungry and i dont know what too do

:thanks:

Link to CatChat