Cat Health & Behaviour > For FIV & FELV babes

How to care for an FIV+ cat

<< < (16/17) > >>

carole1b:
Hi there he had the runns for a while this kept on coming and going I tried him on different feeds but in the end nothing worked. I took him to the Vets in June they gace him steroids via injection and pills again this did not work. So they did blood tests they came back with low white blood cells the blood was then tested again for FIV and Lukema. They told me the bad news yeaterday. IThis is Tabby my baby boy he used to be a big cat untill about 6 months ago this is when he started to loose weight it was gradual at first but has got worse over the last few months

Christine (Blip):
Copied from Carole's post on the other thread:

"I have looked it up on the net ATZ or somethig its called liek I say it can be used in humans. Can anyone offer any advice on helping him live a good life and vitimins and nutrition info please. As he is 15 I relise he is old but thught i may have got a few more yeatd of love from him. Is this site Uk based the treatment may only be in the uK. The vet said its 5 injections one week then a further 5 the week later. If I want to go ahead hes not sure if it will work its to boost the cells will cost £250. In the mean time he is putting him on antibiotics. If i just keep him on those and give a good diet will this clear up the diorehha hes got or is this due to the FIV virus ? I relly need some help guys"

Carole

clarenmax:
Hi Carole,

Right, with the thread in the right place, it would be useful to get some background on information on your cat as well, i.e. how come he was tested, any sympoms he had which caused him to be tested, that sort of thing!   Piccies are also a must, we like piccies we do  ;D

Defo do not worry, FIV is not an immediate death sentence as some books etc would lead you to believe!  Cats with FIV can live happliy and healthily  ;D

Ela:

--- Quote ---The vat will give antibiotics and has given me the choice of having thease injections at £250 i want to know if they work. Help
--- End quote ---

What injections would they be? Having taken  in FIV cats for years and homed many I have not heard of this.

Christine (Blip):
Carole

:welcome: to Purrs.  As you see, I have moved this here for you.  The first thing is not to panic - there are many people on here with FIV+ cats leading happy and healthy lives.  I am sure some of them will advise you here.

C

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version