Cat Health & Behaviour > For FIV & FELV babes

How to care for an FIV+ cat

(1/17) > >>

carole1b:
I have just rang the vet who has said try Pro-Fibre for Dogs and Cats for a week its like a powder you mix with his food however he is on a tea spoon of Protenix already each day and its made no difference. Is it worth me trying this product as well is there an alternative you know of.

Ela:
It helps their immune system, I think it is 1/10 (one tenth) of a teaspoon a day on food. We give it to all our FIV cats

carole1b:
What benifit does oil of evening primrose have for FIV cats will it not make his stools even more sloppy. His poo is still not right dispite being on meds for it think they are anitibiotics. I was thinking of giving it to him to see if it improves his condition how much shall i give him and whats the best way for him to take it please ?? thanks all

clarenmax:
Fingers crossed for Tabby, hope he feels better soon  :Luv:

carole1b:
Well Tabby was back at the vets last night hes back on steroid tablets for this week a full dose to get him eating again (he was eating this morning very well) then i have to cust the dose to one every other day. Hes still on tablets to contol his poo,s he will be on thease long term they are antibiotics. So fingers crossed he will start to feel better very soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version