Author Topic: Whiskas anti-hairball treats - any good?  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Whiskas anti-hairball treats - any good?
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 20:07:17 PM »
Mosi has these sometimes.  I'm not convinced they are that good really but hard to be sure.  Mosi coughed up a furball about a week ago and he rarely does - he usually just coughs and retches a bit then it seems to pass through him.  Not sure whether it's good or bad that he brought one up but that did happen after a period of him having only whiskas hairball treats as I'd ran out of dreamies (I know - I'm a bad meowmy).  I'd have thought the aim of such treats would be to help them pass out the other end.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Re: Whiskas anti-hairball treats - any good?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 18:42:43 PM »
My two didn't think much of them, and according to the packet they need to eat quite a few every day for them to be effective.

I also tried the solid stuff that you smear on them and they hated that! I've given up now, and since the good weather they've been outside eating so much grass that hairballs are no longer a problem!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Whiskas anti-hairball treats - any good?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 17:54:11 PM »
I think one of the boys may have a hairball (won't go into the gross details why  :sick: ). They don't eat the paste on it's own and the defurrum treats have changed recently, they're now chewy rather than crispy and the boys don't seem so keen.

I got some Whiskas hairball treats (same tub as the temptations) and  :omg: the frenzy! They are loved even more than temptations and dreamies but was wondering are they actually any good for hairballs?

Link to CatChat