Author Topic: Bonnie's 1st time out  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Bonnie's 1st time out
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 19:46:43 PM »
Ahhh bless her she does look like she is enjoying the outdoors.  I agree with Licia don't give up on the harness just yet.  The best way to try and get them used to it is to put the harness on in the evening and just let her wear it in the house for a while.  Hopefully over time she will get used to it and the you can attach the lead.

Good luck.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 18:33:48 PM »
Thanks for that Licia.  Although I won't be taking her for walkies!!!

I let her sit in the garden with me again today and after 1 hour she went back in the house of her own accord.  It's nice and quiet in my back garden so she wasn't frightened, but she did keep looking at the fences and thinking 'I could easily jump over that and see what's over there'.  I know she would be able to because Smudge used to, even though he spent most of his time in the front garden.

She'll be ok in the house on a hot day as some rooms are hotter than others and she's found out which ones they are already.  My bed is the best place for her to lay in the sun and the bathroom and the back bedroom are the coolest.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 15:11:32 PM »
Wow, Bonnie looks really happy out there and I am glad for both of you, having such a wonderful time... keep trying with the harness, this is not something to be expected to go down too smoothly and with great majority of them takes a lot of patience.  However I know some people with great success, one of them not far from you with a NFC and a Sphynx, they both eagerly go for daily walkies and enjoy the outdoor adventure around the dales.  I can ask her how she trained them, as I may need to myself cuz I was thinking about the same thing lately!!  Will keep you posted!

Licia

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 00:48:15 AM »
Aw bless she looks like she is having a great time!  :Luv:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 00:14:33 AM »
Thanks Helen, I've seen posts about it on here before - I'll see how she goes with just an odd time out in the back garden with me.

Don't know what the look on her face was Gill, maybe she was sick of me taking photos of her when she was just trying to sunbathe!   :rofl: :Luv2:

she's been happy to stay in the rest of the day, stretched out on my bed in fact.  :rofl: :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 00:05:03 AM »
Bless her, looks like she was enjoying the sunshine  :)  Have you considered catproofing Mary?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 00:00:39 AM »
She looks so content but ummmmm wary of you  ;D

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 20:02:50 PM »
What a sweetheart, glad she got to enjoy some of the sunshine.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 16:16:11 PM »
Aww bless her,looks like she had a blast :Luv:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Bonnie's 1st time out
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 15:59:18 PM »
As most of you know I've had my darling Bonnie since December and she's been indoors all the time - too scared to let her out after my tragic time when Smudge went missing and I don't ever want to go through that again as I think I will end up in a straight jacket in a mental hospital.  She's not wanted to go out until a few weeks ago when she started to have a little meow at the door now and again.  I decided to get her a harness  and lead but she wouldn't let me put the harness on so on this occasion I took her out into my back garden with a lead on her collar.
She will have to wear it though cos she will start to investigate a bit further when she gets used to sitting out with me and I need to drag her back without strangling her.  You can see from the attached pics that she found all the sunny bits and the shaded areas too - my Bonnie's not daft - I was well chuffed for her, she really enjoyed it, bless her.  Had to coax her in with some fresh turkey breast!!

Mary

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat