Author Topic: I should be struck off Purrs...  (Read 3630 times)

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
Re: I should be struck off Purrs...
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 17:21:53 PM »
Oh Helen you bad Mummy how could you  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: I think Lukey and Riley should come and live with their Auntie Ellie  :evillaugh: :rofl:

My lot are SO vocal at meal times and Mupps gets physical  :evillaugh: What I don't understand is, they meow their wee heads off for their dinner but if I try and give them a what I call  better for them food, they just sniff it, give me a disgusted look and walk off  :Crazy:

Cuddles to the boys  :Luv2:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 10:51:02 AM »
You have to feed a cat?  I thaught that what they did when they went "hunting".  I have so much to learn about cat ownership,where do ya get cat grub then? :sneaky: :evillaugh:

Just open the fridge door and let them help themselves  ;D

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 10:21:08 AM »
You have to feed a cat?  I thaught that what they did when they went "hunting".  I have so much to learn about cat ownership,where do ya get cat grub then? :sneaky: :evillaugh:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 08:01:59 AM »
If there was food involved, I sure he would co-operate  :evillaugh:
I never thought I would type that again after last year with him needing steroid jabs to eat anything  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 07:07:23 AM »
Mark, you'll have to strap him to your back like some mothers do with babies and take him to work with you - he's love it!!   

Mary

Like a little Russian Babushka....    :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 23:25:39 PM »
Mark, you'll have to strap him to your back like some mothers do with babies and take him to work with you - he's love it!!  :naughty: :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 23:22:17 PM »
I don't know what I will do when I go back to work - Clapton is used to an "on demand" service several times a day  :scared:

He is sitting on the stairs waiting for me at 6.30 every morning and reminds me every 2 hours or so he is due for another feed  :-:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2008, 22:39:54 PM »
You get up at 2pm!!

Nope, I said I went into the kitchen at 2pm  ;)  Lukey was hassling me for several hours I just couldn't work out what he wanted... until I went into the kitchen!

Glad I'm not the only wicked cat Mum out there Den  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 22:41:21 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2008, 21:42:14 PM »
I've forgotten to feed Memphis too - think it was last week. I fed everyone else - Molly, Mig, and the fishies - but for some reason totally missed out Memph  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I did apologise to him.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 21:33:11 PM »
We feed Jameson whenever we hear the sound of the content of our bookcase hitting the floor.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am lucky coz Hubby gets up first so feeds the mob !!
But at the weekend they drive me mad to get up so i norm feed them and go back to bed

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 19:44:24 PM »
We feed Jameson whenever we hear the sound of the content of our bookcase hitting the floor.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 19:13:22 PM »
We use an automatic feeder for Blip too, as she likes her breakfast at 04.00 and we prefer to be asleep at that time.  Selfish, I know  :rofl:  But, Helen, she would remind us if we ever forgot...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline SpecialRed

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 19:03:52 PM »
You get up at 2pm!!

My cat gets fed when I get up, no sooner! lol

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 19:01:14 PM »
I always have trouble breathing when mine want breakfast as all three sit on my chest :)
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 16:53:33 PM »
Blimey, you'd have to be stone deaf not to hear when our Max is hungry, which is now about 6.30 at the latest with it getting lighter in the mornings  :Crazy:  His lovely morning opera even gets through my anti- husband-snoring earplugs!!  :evillaugh: More a q of is he waking up the neighbours than will I hear him (husband pretends not to or shouts 'shut up Max')! I will have to record a session of his Morning Hits for you and teach Lukey and Riley how to press PLAY if you forget again! Have they forgiven you yet?  ;) ie how much bribery has gone on hmm?!!

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 13:42:51 PM »
Here too, it would be nearly impossible to forget a meal for Oliver, especially since I had to slightly reduce the amount of his food in an attempt to slim him down just a bit, he is keenly aware of the deprivation and he speaks his mind loud and clear almost throughout the day.
However thankfully he has adjusted to our nocturnal routine pretty well and I say he sleeps in much later and is much more patient than most of his peers when it comes to brekky.  Well even for him though there is a limit, and when the limit is reached your toes and hair are never safe from being attacked every few seconds...

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 10:39:29 AM »
I do that, and then Paddy sucks his cheeks in, hunches his shoulders and looks so gaunt I always laugh and give in....!

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 10:29:22 AM »
Oh, Helen, the cruelty of it.  Ollie says to tell your gang not to come round here cos his horrid mum gave him some food he didn't like and when he complained she told him Hard Luck.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 08:02:49 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  I've no chance of forgetting to feed Paddy - he jumps on and off my knee, the arm of my chair, puts his paw up to me, stares at me intently, makes that pathetic silent meow, or goes "meh" like he's sooooo weak with hunger.....  Better send the boys to my house!  ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 00:35:15 AM »
Oh shame on you!  I don't think I've ever forgotten to feed my boys, but that's probably because there's no way Jaffa would let me get away with it.  I have sometimes struggled to remember whether I've fed them or not and ended up giving them 2 meals  ;D

We will have to think up a suitable punishment for you and think very carefully about whether you are allowed back on Purrs  :scared:  If you post some pics of the handsome duo, we might allow it  ;)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 00:24:53 AM »
Aw... you cruel cruel mum - will they ever forgive you - you have a lot of making up to do - lots of hugs, cuddles, kisses etc. and then some more!!  :naughty: :Luv2: :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 23:59:51 PM »
You feed your cats??

Only if I remember  :evillaugh:

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 23:41:36 PM »
I am a very bad cat Mum and have no business posting on a cat forum  :-[  As i'm not a morning person I always set an automatic feeder to feed the boys at 7am unless I'm working earlies (7am start) in which case I feed them myself. 

You feed your cats??
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 23:27:22 PM »
Afraid I also not a morning person and cats get food when I imerge butv they have had two years of practice now and seem to be very understanding.  :rofl:

if purrrrrrrchance I get up earlier than usual, suddenly I am being hounded for food  which I do not understand cos they dont hound me when I get up later.

was stumbling about at 0630 this morning and Misa was on the stairs, my flab e=was gasted and I went and got back into bed, which I suppose was rather mean  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
I should be struck off Purrs...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 23:22:49 PM »
I am a very bad cat Mum and have no business posting on a cat forum  :-[  As i'm not a morning person I always set an automatic feeder to feed the boys at 7am unless I'm working earlies (7am start) in which case I feed them myself. 

Went to bed last night and just before I went to bed I thought 'oooh, must set the feeder for the boys'. I went into the kitchen and got distracted by a few dishes that needed washing up before happily toddling off to bed.  I slept soundly and was not woken by the boys at any time, when I eventually got up Lukey was very 'needy' mewling and circling my legs wherever I was.  I stroked him, played with him and talked to him but he just wouldn't stop mewling.  Went into the kitchen at about 2pm and was confused as to where the feeder was, Riley has a habit of shunting bowls around so looked behind the door.  I eventually found it on top of the microwave - unused  :-[  So if anyone feels they can offer a loving home to the boys where they will be regularly fed then please come forward, I think it's the kindest thing to do  ;)

Link to CatChat