Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 790599 times)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #1980 on: October 24, 2010, 18:57:18 PM »
Steff those kittens were 5-6 weeks old in picture but small for their age. Yes Muckspots have suddenly sprouted and become clean little kittens that I am so proud of.They are just 9 weeks now Steff.

Carol you will be delighted to hear that Lucy is being a wonderful mum now she has a replenished milk bar and all her kittens are now content with full tummys.You never know she might have those special legs you speak of  :rofl:

Viewing went well , the people were lovely but for once I cannot decide who they were smitten with the most, they really came to view Hannah but I have a sneaking feeling they have fallen for Bonny or even 2 of my Muckspots, time will tell,in truth as long as they have fallen for something it doesnt matter.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #1979 on: October 24, 2010, 18:12:08 PM »
Glad all is well at The Inn.  Fingers crossed that Lucy is still feeding her babies.  Lovely pics as always and such a pity that the gorgeous Ollie hasn't  got his sea-legs.   :Luv2:

Hope the viewing went well this afternoon and another kitty (or two) has found its forever home.

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #1978 on: October 24, 2010, 17:40:48 PM »
OMG the muckspots have grown loads!!!! I hardly recognised them!!!

How old are they now T?  The ones I am attempting to trap are quite a bit smaller than that and I am trying to put a rough age on them...

They are probably the size of Sophies kittens in the pic you posted on the 17th of October...how old were those guys then?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 17:44:42 PM by Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ »
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1977 on: October 24, 2010, 14:33:09 PM »
Bless them!!!

I am suprised that you have not in your Tannikins leadship position demanded that baby Simon is put up for inspection  :rofl:

Trigger used to make all my own jams, marmalade and lemon curd but having hot pans on cooker with Muckspots around isnt a good idea, as for the butter 50 years ago I had little butter pats and used them wisely as table tennis bats  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #1976 on: October 24, 2010, 12:01:30 PM »
Bless them!!!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #1975 on: October 24, 2010, 11:52:52 AM »
lovely pics and not a spot of Muck anywhere - or not anywhere the camera was pointing, anyway :sneaky:

now you've mastered bread-making, T, have you considered churning your own butter? 

I assume, of course, you are already in possession of dozens of pots of homemade marmalade and jam :)
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1974 on: October 24, 2010, 11:33:31 AM »
Lovely pics, as always T  :Luv2: :Luv2: Hope you get a rehoming from this afternoon's viewing! How can you not with all the gorgeous furries! ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #1973 on: October 24, 2010, 11:17:26 AM »
ANOTHER Paws Inn cat Lil_Scruff? You're becoming very greedy  :evillaugh: Congratulations!

Muckspots are  :Luv: as always!

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #1972 on: October 24, 2010, 11:15:52 AM »
Lil Scruff you are sooooo lucky being able to have ANOTHER one of Aunty T's babies...that is not fair...especially cos I loved Bumty ;)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1971 on: October 24, 2010, 11:09:14 AM »
Li lScruff I have an appointment for a viewing this afternoon, you best cross all fingers and toeseys  :rofl:

Some action shots of Muckspots taken yesterday

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #1970 on: October 23, 2010, 14:01:19 PM »
Thanks for putting my mind at rest T - I really was starting to feel truely awful about splitting her from Bumty.

If anyone's wondering what these last couple of messages are all about then let me draw your attention to a quote from T from early Sept:

He is sitting here waiting for his name change Scrbumty or Scrcallmewhateveridontcare  a second boy would certainly even things out  :rofl:

...let's just say T has worked her magic yet again although it took a few weeks longer than it should  :rofl:  :rofl:

I am delighted to say that Bumty will be joining myself and Paws babies Scamp (Chico) and Scrumpberry (Blackberry) as well as other little blackie Scratchy on Monday afternoon. New name, to fit in with the other 'Sc' puds, will be Scotch.

Current boy say's he CAN'T WAIT to have a little brother as his sisters keep trying to drape ribbons on him  :rofl:

Obviously I can't wait to have him too, same for OH who's looking forward to having an equal amount of boys in the house as girls.  :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1969 on: October 23, 2010, 13:12:43 PM »
Aw, I feel so guilty on Hannah now T! Steff is adamant that we're only to have one more and he won't budge! I feel really sad for the poor little girl now. Have you any viewers coming this weekend? x

She will be fine stop worrying. She has too much white on her for your house  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #1968 on: October 23, 2010, 12:29:17 PM »
Aw, I feel so guilty on Hannah now T! Steff is adamant that we're only to have one more and he won't budge! I feel really sad for the poor little girl now. Have you any viewers coming this weekend? x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1967 on: October 23, 2010, 09:52:51 AM »
Mucking out has left me aching in places I never knew I had, its always harder when the weathers damp and this morning the rain has been torrential so you get a soaking going from Pen to Pen.
Little Lucy has fed her babies well overnight and all currently have food in their tummys, though she is behaving a little strangely this morning so still being very observant.Poor litttle mum and kittens so thin and Annabel  with her 4 kittens who are same age  is overweight as are her kittens.Will try and get decent pics this weekend.
Sophies kittens are determined that I should clean at least 1 poop up from floor every morning and its always tucked neatly behind the Pen door so I struggle to get it  :rofl: still I am pleased with their progress and all are lapping well now.
Chelsea and her 3 are huge now, Chelsea has gone from wild to quite lovable but her boy Dodger has a behavioural problem, he can be like a wild screaming banshee when he wants  :rofl:
Sergeant Ubend is off to his new home with Julie today, and then Plugwash and Leaky go next week and Cherry will be spayed.
Bonny has done a solid poop this morning hopefully all this medication and the extra wormer I shoved down her are working.
Melody, Grace, Bumty and Hannah are all fine as are the 6 Muckspots and all the rest.Still praying for wonderful home to come up for Hannah before Monday or she will be left on her own.
Just wondering what job to do next, even wrapped Christmas present this morning  :rofl:Perhaps I should go make bread  :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1966 on: October 22, 2010, 18:27:34 PM »
I`d quite like to hug and kiss my vet for being soclever and wonderful but he would probably run away  :rofl: Lucy is holding her own and mothering her kittens who are all feeding from her, 2 are tiny and a little supplement might help but I need to create a good demand first in order to encourage a good supply, so am leaving kittens to cope entirely on her again tonight, the little mum is actually happy with her kittens now, in truth the noise from them was enough to put anyone off yesterday.
Had word that Binny and Barty are settling well in their new home, also had email saying Lily ( Daisymacs Kennys mum) is totally incharge of her humans.
Today has been good.

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #1965 on: October 22, 2010, 12:35:19 PM »
Hope it's full tummies all round at the Inn then T  :evillaugh:

Sounds like they're keeping you busy, hope Lucy's milk bar continues, and that the rehoming carries on!

x

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1964 on: October 22, 2010, 11:38:36 AM »
So glad to hear Lucy is feeding babies - I hope she can produce enough to keep their little tummies full.  The muckspots drawing blood - surely not.  ;D  I think Cherry's kittens must know they're going to their forever homes soon and are getting in some practice at slave training.  :rofl:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:39:26 AM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #1963 on: October 22, 2010, 10:33:54 AM »
Since when was using a breadmaker cheating?  :innocent: I'll also fess up to using frozen flaky pastry.  ;D

Glad to see all the cats and kits are doing well and that the S Club Seven now have names!  Fingers crossed that now Lucy can relax and feel safe she'll be able to feed her kittens herself.

James and Christopher have settled in well though photographing them for their Own Thread has been problematic.  Lots of "black cat in coal cellar" pictures or close-ups of backs of heads and bottoms as they won't sit still and pose!

:)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1962 on: October 22, 2010, 09:42:42 AM »
I have a bread maker, they are so good!
Hope you get some time to yourself to enjoy some fresh baked bread (mmmm....with lots of butter on)

Jen

Funny enough Jen I am tucking into a piece as I type and inspecting the teeth marks in the thick butter

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #1961 on: October 22, 2010, 09:40:19 AM »
I have a bread maker, they are so good!
Hope you get some time to yourself to enjoy some fresh baked bread (mmmm....with lots of butter on)

Jen
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1960 on: October 22, 2010, 09:32:36 AM »
Yum yum, wish i lived closer   :rofl: Glad you're keeping well!  :hug: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1959 on: October 22, 2010, 09:26:12 AM »
Shirley for the first time in months I am managing without oxygen, I`ve ditched the wheelchair so I now make bread, scones and cakes and enjoy doing it, I even made apple crumble with apples Francis brought me. Will confess to being a cheat I bought a bread maker for my bread  :rofl:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1958 on: October 22, 2010, 09:23:04 AM »
Lovely (and funny!) update, T!  :rofl:  Lucy and her babies are SO beautiful  :Luv2: Remind me of a foster cat Heather (Mikey) had last year-she was about the same age, black, with 3 black kittens and i've never forgotten her   :Luv2: :Luv2:

How on earth do you find time to bake bread????  :Crazy:  Enjoy your soak! And yes, roll on Summer!!!   ;D

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
« Reply #1957 on: October 22, 2010, 09:14:34 AM »
guess I deserve a nice soak followed by home baked bread.

I think you most certainly do!

Hope mum Lucy continues to bond with babies today.

x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1956 on: October 22, 2010, 09:00:12 AM »
Its been a very long night with sneaky trips to Pens to check that Lucy was keeping her babies warm and fed, the decent wet food and cat milk combined with the oxy injection and kittens sucking like crazy seems to have done the trick and stimulated a milk bar production, kittens have food in their tummies though not quite as much as I`d like,trouble is if I supplement them mum will not be stimulated to produce more so will leave her to it and just keep up being very observant, dont worry I wont let them go hungry.
Bonny a bit disgruntaled with me not only did she get her medicine syringed down her throat I then stuck a milbemax down with my finger, she said to tell you all the service here is disgusting.
Muckspots what can I say, angelic, beautiful, all eating well and coping well on this campobacter medication and managed to put at least a dozen holes in my leg until puddles of blood ran down.
Cherrys kittens ran me ragged at mucking out time, they decided they didnt want to go back in the Pen and so it was a case of catch us if you can.
Sophies kittens are doing most piddle and poop in litter trays now but one likes to keep me on my knees with the odd suprise poop, they are a nightmare to clean out,climbing underneath me, ontop of me and generally trouble they remind me very much of the Kent city rollers litter.
Worked really hard this morning, all cats clean,fed and comfortable,all emails (replied to after a fashion  :evillaugh:)
guess I deserve a nice soak followed by home baked bread.

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #1955 on: October 21, 2010, 20:32:22 PM »
yay!!!!!!! Thank you very much! i love little Simon already!!!!

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1954 on: October 21, 2010, 20:30:00 PM »
Just went out to Pens to check on mum and kittens, and am still undecided on best course of action, mum was lay with 4 of kittens but 5th one was out of nest on pen floor, mum had known he was there but decided to ignore, have put kitten back with mum and will go and recheck kitty bellys later to see if they have had any food, at least mum is no longer growling at babies, going to be a long night. Good job I have this giant piece of homemade lemon sponge to hand. 5th grandson is due to be born tomorrow bet hes a couple of days late.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #1953 on: October 21, 2010, 19:38:25 PM »
Awww another cutie I want to cuddle

Now I would suggest Tabitha as a name but I keep meeting people who have cats called Tabitha  :evillaugh:
love
Tab

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1952 on: October 21, 2010, 19:10:25 PM »
Oh T what are you like, so much for getting Bonny's, Chelsea's, Sophie's and Annabel's babies off your hands then having a rest.  :hug:  And they're all black. :Luv:  Poor Lucy, she does look a skinny little thing.  I have everything crossed that her milk comes through and she finds her maternal instinct so you don't have to hand rear another lot.   :crossed:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 19:32:24 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1951 on: October 21, 2010, 19:07:08 PM »
Forgot to mention, had a laugh with Andy vet, he wormed Bonny woth a double dose of Milbemax which I told him off for, first results on faeces samples back today WORMS  :rofl:

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #1950 on: October 21, 2010, 18:54:31 PM »
Good news about Binny and Barty but bad news that the space they left didn't stay empty for long...and another whole family!! I hope mum's milk comes through and you won't had the extra task of feeding.

Hopefully you've kept Si quiet now...hmmmmm how about one called Steff lol!!
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1949 on: October 21, 2010, 18:29:27 PM »
Another hectic day, Binny and Barty have gone to their new home, so as all too often happens 2 out and 6 in !
Little mum cat aged approx 6-7 months Lucy , she has 5 kittens age just 2weeks and no milk, been to vet and been given oxy injection in the hope it will stimulate milk production  but it is doubtful, mum also low on calcium so looking like I will have to handrear this lot, bottlefed them earlier as they were starved but have currently left them with mum till about 8-9pm in the hope something will happen at the milkbar, currently mum is doing little but growl at them.
Named already 3 girls are Sunshine, Summer and Sunny, 2 boys are  Sam and Simon

Hope you got that SI :rofl:

Pic also of Hettie in same bed as Wilma, well apart but same bed.

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #1948 on: October 20, 2010, 13:51:44 PM »
There are some fab names there T. Love them!

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1947 on: October 20, 2010, 09:56:06 AM »
soooooooooooooooo you named 7 cats with names beginning with S and Simon didn't get chosen. Hmph.

It was top of the list but had too many letters in it  :rofl: another time  :hug:

Muckspots are not impressed with their medicine, they are a little quiet this morning and I have been prewarned meds may cause diarhoea, they are not eating as muck as usual either.
I was amazed at their weights yesterday
Bonny 3.3kg
Chuckyegg 1.25kg
Kiev 1.05kg
Kentucky 1.10kg
Sunflower 1.05kg
Flora 900grams
Olive 800grams
I had hoped to have vaccinations done next week, this latest treatment means a delay and of course we cant home them just yet.

One of Sophies kittens left poop on floor again, at least its down to one now (unless of course the other pooper hasnt been yet  :rofl:)
Have realised that Annabels babies are 2 weeks old now and no pics since birth, I really need to work harder.
Ground frost this morning made mucking out a very unpleasant task, lovely and fresh but very cold on the old knees esp the outside runs, roll on summer.

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #1946 on: October 19, 2010, 23:27:08 PM »
RIP Monica

I'm glad she had a wonderful 10 years with you Aunty T and you were able to make her end as comfortable as possible. I hope Wilma (and you) recover from losing her quickly and I'm sure the other furbabies will help with that.

I'm also glad that you had some good news today too *hugs*
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #1945 on: October 19, 2010, 23:22:47 PM »
So sorry Teresa  :hug: :hug:
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #1944 on: October 19, 2010, 22:09:18 PM »
soooooooooooooooo you named 7 cats with names beginning with S and Simon didn't get chosen. Hmph.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #1943 on: October 19, 2010, 18:29:49 PM »
Twinkle Pics!!!! Ande hasn't she grown up to be a gorgeous girl :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

So very sorry that you have lost Monica Teresa - be proud that for 10 years she knew love , shelter and kindness. :hug: :hug:

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #1942 on: October 19, 2010, 18:01:17 PM »
Poor little ones, hope they are better soon now you know whats wrong.
I've had Campylobacter, it is the most vile thing. I was really poorly for a few weeks.

Nicky

Offline JulieCats

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: TED, BILL, TWINKLE and HARVEY
« Reply #1941 on: October 19, 2010, 17:46:06 PM »
I know I can't wait for him to join our happy gang, not long now.

Link to CatChat