Author Topic: You are not going to believe this ..ooops !  (Read 4929 times)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Re: You are not going to believe this ..ooops !
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 17:30:37 PM »
Thanks everyone, I'm going to start just flushing the poo and bagging everything else. I'm just too worried that there will be a problem with the plumbing. 

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 00:30:28 AM »
I bin the weewee clumps and flush the poo (after tapping the crumbs off first).

If big Sam does weewee in the box I need two hands to lift the scoop (he's not called big sam for nuffink)  :wow: and I'd be  :Crazy: to try and flush that down the system.

The weewee dussint pong any worse than the rest of our house  :-[

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 20:41:05 PM »
yes I have!  bag it all now

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 14:39:13 PM »
I was worried about blockages so still bag the wees to be on the safe side, I didn't have a sense of smell when I last posted on this thread but I do now and the wees don't smell once they're bagged up. The poos on the other hand stench so I am pleased to be able to flush these!  :naughty:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 11:11:50 AM »
I know this is an old thread but I've started worrying about flushing the chick crumb and wondered if anyone has had any problems since Lisa77.  I flush and haven't had any problems so far but it seems as I'm flushing wee and poos for two cats that are now quite big this means quite a bit of the stuff goes down the toilet. I think I might have to start bagging it again as I'm too worried about blocking the drains.   

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 16:35:26 PM »
 :rofl:

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 16:07:36 PM »
ha ha ha yeah I could & pick it all up the next morn !!! ha ha Im sure my neighbours would be chuffed !!!! ha ha I could say "Your choice..blocked drains or bags dropped onto the lawn !!!"

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 16:03:23 PM »
Wees wont smell in a nappy bag unless you leave them ages. I often bag and out the back door, if i go to the bin in the dark i risk getting toe jammed by a slug   :sick:

Lisa you could always open your window and drop the bag   :rofl: avalanche  :evillaugh:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 09:49:01 AM »
I've not had any problems with the crumb so far, I flush wees and poos, and it all flushes clean away (I hope  :shify::evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 09:38:24 AM »
Thanks Fluffy Bunny.. You seem like an expert !!!

mmm.. maybe it is someone else then. Trouble is if I call Thames Water.. they arnt going to know to tell me.. they are useless when you simply just want to know how much your bill is ! Im not going to stress myself trying to get to the bottom of it..I will monitor the problem & see what hapens. My toilet never gets blocked due to the cat litter.. it all goes in one.. its not heavy enough to cause a block in sure.. 

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 20:59:04 PM »
I really think its the chick crum / WBCL ??

It cant be anything else  >:( I knew it was too good to be true.. has anyone else had troubles ?

Not necessarily, the head of water in the system will mean any backflow from a blockage is unlikely to get up as high as you on the 3rd floor (assuming I'm reading this properly) whether it's you that's caused it or not, the weight of the water will keep leaking some of it passing through and whenever you do anything upstairs it will just come out lower down.  If Thames Water are writing to you it must be their sewer that is blocking?  In which case I'd ask them whether it's blocking in the same place each time and if they are planning to undertake a camera survey of the sewer to find out if there's a defect.  Unless it's something really cloggy, sewers usually only block if there is a problem in the sewer (e.g. a slipped joint or sewer with incorrect fall) which is causing the stuff to slow down or get caught, hence the problem is often in the same place each time.  You could always stop flushing cat stuff for a while and see if the problem recurs, but it really needn't necessarily be that or even you at all that has caused it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 21:00:18 PM by fluffybunny »

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 20:48:14 PM »
No I won't ! I do feel bad though  :scared:

In the leaflet that came with the letter it states that even cat faeces cannot be flushed.. surley its just the same as ours !!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 20:46:10 PM »
I dont' think I'd dare flush WBCL, whatever they say, esp if in a flat.  I live in a ground floor flat and frequently get backflow in my loo and shower due to blockages from the upstairs flats.  Last year my flat was flooded with sewage water to the point where I had to move out and get new carpets for the entire flat.  I just wouldn't want to risk doing that to anyone, tbh.

I don't take the litter straight out to the bin.  I put it in nappy sacks and dump it in the bathroom, then take it out when I go out.  I also have a litter locker which isn't great, but does help a bit (when I use it) as you can seal away the soiled litter until you empty it.  I still use the nappy sacks (you are supposed to be able to put the litter straight into the litter locker but that's a bit risky as you can get to the end of the bag suddenly and find it all falls out!  :sick: ) then put that in the litter locker.  It's basically just a thick plastic bag but you turn the handle to tie it and put the lid down.  It's just a fancy bucket really, but it's useful for storing soiled litter if it's not easy to take it straight out to the bin.  I find it still smells a bit when you open it, but when it's closed there was no smell.  It might be useful for you.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 20:38:11 PM »
Lisa for god sake dont mention the wbcl to whoever has been flooded with sewage below you  :evillaugh:

Use nappy sack to tie stuff in, cheap and fragrenced  ;)

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 20:29:28 PM »
ha ha I have the opposite problem.. My sense of smell is really sesative!

& I always ask my friends if it smells of wee or pooh too !  :rofl:

Ive heard bad reviews for those kitty lockers.. have you used one ? oh Mind you ive just remembered.. im a dumbo !!!!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 20:23:56 PM »
Well I don't have a sense of smell at all (got it back briefly for about a week :() so I can't say for definite but I bag them in nappy bags so they shouldn't smell.  I always ask any visitors whether my house smells of poo or wee and the answer is always no  :evillaugh:

If you're worried about wee smells have you heard of litter lockers?  You could flush the poos and litter locker the wees instead.

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 20:18:03 PM »
No problems here either.... I only flush poos as the sheer quantity of wees they do would mean I would be forever flushing if I flushed both.  Also that way there's not much actual litter being flushed, jsut the bits that are stuck to the poos (sorry  :sick:)

Do the wee's smell if you leave them say over night in a bin bag ? If I ran down everytime Leo wee'd I would be Bonnie Langford by the end of the week !!!   :rofl:

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 20:16:24 PM »
Are you in a block of flats? If your the corner block it could be the waste coming from the other houses down to yours, this is what happens with me  :sick:

oo im on top floor so I am the culprit !

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 20:14:00 PM »
No problems here either.... I only flush poos as the sheer quantity of wees they do would mean I would be forever flushing if I flushed both.  Also that way there's not much actual litter being flushed, jsut the bits that are stuck to the poos (sorry  :sick:)

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 20:10:57 PM »
Are you in a block of flats? If your the corner block it could be the waste coming from the other houses down to yours, this is what happens with me  :sick:

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 19:57:40 PM »
Im thinking its as I live on top floor ? hmm I mean Im no drainage expert or nothing !

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 19:55:42 PM »
nope no problems here
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
You are not going to believe this ..ooops !
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 19:53:36 PM »
I have today had a letter from Thames Water to state...

"Recently there has been a 'number' of blockages on the sewage system to which you & your neighbours drains are connected.On some occasions this has resulted in sewer flooding to your neighbours properties"

I really think its the chick crum / WBCL ??

It cant be anything else  >:( I knew it was too good to be true.. has anyone else had troubles ?

Oh well at least I may lose a few pounds trotting up & down the 3 flights of stairs every 5 mins !  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat