Author Topic: Catnapping  (Read 2841 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Catnapping
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 13:10:59 PM »
it was funny the way he turned into devil cat the moment he saw her, he was just curious about the others. :rofl:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 12:30:25 PM »
LUPIN HAS FLATLY RFUSED TO BE PARCELLED UP!

HE GOT IN THE BOX BUT DIDNT LIKE BEING SHUT IN AND JUST WAILED AND FOUGHT HIS WAY OIUT AGAIN AND WHEN I SAID IT WQS TO HELP PIPPA HE LOOKE QT ME IN HORROR AND SAID FORGET THT I HATE HER!

NOT VERY NICE OF HIM  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 04:08:26 AM »
That's a good idea Gill, Parcel post him up here. :rofl: She did pine for him, Lord knows why, he didn't like her at all. Funny things cats. ;)

If it carries on, I could do that, I don't know which house, but there are only about eight. The last one had about 13 cats. I sort of know them as I was feeding a very skinny black cat years ago, it kept coming in through the cat flap. It turned out to be one of theirs and he was so skinny because he was very elderly. That was a door knocking exercise because he kept coming from that direction too. I hadn't heard about paper collars then, but Sheila sent me a template so I will try that or a snap collar with a message  first.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 04:10:05 AM by Judecat (Paula), Reason: Additional text »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 16:40:37 PM »
MAYBE I WILL JUST SEND LUPIN ROUND!

YES YOU REALLY DO NEED TO DO SOMETHING AND QUICK.

IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHICH OUSE IT IS, IS THERE A CHANCE YOU COULD GO ROUND THERE WITH A PIC ASKING BIF THEY BHAVE SEEN YOUR CAT AS SHE IS DISAPPEARING FOR A LONG TIME AND YOU HAVE SEEN HER RETURNING FROM THIS DIRECTION...........AND YOU NEED TO MEDICATE HER FREQUENTLY.

I KNOW THATS NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 16:30:12 PM »
That is next door Gill, and she has a spaniel that isn't keen on cats, she does give all my cats chicken on her front doorstep and left over meat from the Sunday roast, which I don't mind as they only need to hop over an 24" fence. I know that it wouldn't be June.

Whoever it is lives over the back and to the left. That is where Pippa comes back from. It is getting bad when you have to consider catnapping your own cat back. I think I'll go down and get a collar with one of those message thing to attach. Say to whoever that she needs a special diet or something. If they are responsible then I don't want her over treated at a vet. She has her Milbumax and Advocate, I don't want her treated again for fleas and worms. It must be obvious from her body condition and coat that she isn't a stray. >:( >:( >:(

I suppose this is the downside of having a pretty cat.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 14:25:36 PM »
HMM THIS IS NOT GOOD.

HAVE YOU CHECKED WITH THE WOMAN WHO OVER FED THEM?

I AGREE WITH SUE A QUICK RELEASE COLLARE AND I WOUDN ADD A PAPERPART AOUND IT SAYING DO NOT FEED HAS HEALTH ISSUES.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 12:19:46 PM »
I am pretty certain that she is elsewhere, up until the holiday she spent at least a proportion of the night in/on the bed with me and would be on the bed with Pi and Bob during the day. I haven't seen her in the bedroom for over a week. I have hardly seen her in the bathroom either, before every time I went to the loo, she would come in so I could turn the taps on for her.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 11:38:33 AM »
What a worry for you! Do you think she is actually being fed by someone else, or just scavenging what she can?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 11:23:00 AM »
could she be in the greenhouse?  star spends all her spare time in ours at the moment and because of cat proofing know she isn't anywhere else

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 10:18:03 AM »
Paula, am wondering if it's just down to the changing seasons?  I know I hardly see ours in the summer, unless I happen to be in the garden at the same time as them.

I'd maybe try a quick release collar with a "Do Not Feed" message.  You can get some which are ready printed, or you could get the words added to a disc. 

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Catnapping
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 09:04:09 AM »
Since our four day break a few weeks ago, we seem to have become Pippa's second home. She pops in a couple of times a day for food and a play with the other cats, but where she used to always sleep with us and generally mooch around the house and garden, she just disappears.

I am considering options.

1) Put a collar on her, although I don't even like the snap collars as I have heard too many stories about strangled cats.

2) A paper collar, saying that she is owned, under care of a vet, please do not feed. (Although I suspect it wouldn't survive the wriggle through the bushes at the end of the garden.)

3) Next time she visits, put her in the Cat Hotel bedroom, and try to get her to accept that this is her home. The downside to this being that she won't get to play with Pirate, Bob and Emo.

Just keeping her in via the microchip cat flap isn't an option unfortunately, OH's short term memory loss means that he nearly always leaves the back door open. He just doesn't remember to close it - or turn off taps etc.

What do you guys think? I do officially own her as she is microchipped to me and this address.

Link to CatChat