Author Topic: Monday disasters ........  (Read 1624 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Monday disasters ........
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 20:00:56 PM »
ah ... dinner. Forgot to get anything to eat  :doh: , so toast it is unless I can find anything in the freezer and summon the energy to deal with it  :( ... Sad. Still, the bottle of red I bought on the way home is some measure of compensation ... Can't even remember the name of my favourite indian takeaway to dial out for dinner - please suggest a word for an indian food starting with S ... fairly sure that is what it starts with ....

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 19:34:09 PM »
At least I didnt have to cope with a flasher!!! 

I like the sound of your purchases - we have a "thing" for collecting various decorative eggs.  A large bowl of various stone eggs is on the window sill so that the light (and unfortunaely dust!) catches them and I have two wooden eggs (one yew and one hornbeam) on a shelf.  I have tucked away safely a blown egg which my Mum handpainted years ago ....

But back to disasters; just make sure you keep a better eye on your evening meal than I did on my lunch !!!  :briggin:
People Power Works!!!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 19:23:57 PM »
lol. Mine was a bit similar but with a nice bit in the middle. Woke to daylight (shriek) the alarm, that I swear I had set the night before had not gone off - rushed around to shower, dress and be off. got halfway to the train and realised I had forgotten to put my make up on. Sad.

Caught the 8:02 which, being an express, actually arrives earlier than my normal train and miracle of miracles it had .... seats!! :wow:

Got bored at work so went wandering at lunchtime. Discovered the wonderful aladin's cave of a shop in the side road near work was having a sale. Wandered in thinking it would be still too expensive. Came out some time later with: One hand embroidered wall hanging; one orangeyred glass afghan lantern with chain to suspend it by and thing for candles to go in, two handpainted china eggs, and a pair of antique laquered panels on oval ground. (ooops). Going to be hard to explain those to the removalists, lol.

Spent more time at work and discovered my boss has even more reasons to complain about our employer than I do (they have been overpaying him for 4 years and want £16000 back from him - I told him to tell them to get  :censored: ).
Left work, got the train home and as I passed my bus stop was subjected to the sight of a delightful local, offering to show his 'white man's willy' to some lovely polite and well-groomed young middle-eastern lads, while allowing his staffy cross to wander uncontrolled and, well I won't go on).

got home to be greeted by my ever-enthusiastic dog, Esther, and (finally, when he deigned to ease himself down the stairs, yawning, stretching and generally looking dishevelled) Smidgen.

On balance, life is good ...

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 19:17:16 PM »

Please, may I go back to bed and start Monday all over again?!?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You must be a masochist if you want to go through all that again  :rofl:  Bet Mr T wouldn't mind though.

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 19:07:11 PM »
Thanks for the hugs  :)

The idea of posting this was to make people laugh, and cheer up anyone one else who hadnt had the best of days!!   :)  It was one long morning and early afternoon of chaos!!

Mr T is forgiven and on the bed - its evening now and the day has improved - tell you what, though,  Im going to make VERY sure that there is enough hot water left in the tank before running a bath later,  cos a cold bath would just top things off perfectly  :doh: :rofl:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 19:01:32 PM »
Oh my what a terrible day but the last bit........I am sorry but I just laughed  :hug: :hug:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 18:52:37 PM »
 :hug:

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
Monday disasters ........
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 18:47:44 PM »
Today could have started better ......

Our loo blocked up  :sick: 

We are currently living in a Council owned flat, so we had to call their "Emergency" department to come and sort things out.  Being at the top, its important we have it sorted quickly and that the blockage doesn't affect the flats below us.

I had shopping I needed to do - so had to leave OH to cope.

I went to use my Oyster card on the bus, and discovered I hadn't enough on the card to cover the journey  :-[  And either had to pay the fare in "shrapnel" - lots of 1ps and 2ps or use a £20 note .....  Bet the other passengers LOVED me.

I bought the things I needed and decided to go into a favourite clothes shop and see what was in their sale.  I found a really pretty blouse and decided that as it as marked down to half the original price, I'd treat myself.

I took it to the counter to pay, only to be told that it was mislabelled and that it should have been on sale at the full price.   .....  Not my fault, but I felt very embarrassed because the saleslady made a big to-do about it.  The sort of situation where they don't actually accuse you, but hint that they think you swapped labels ..... So I didn't buy the blouse.

Finally came back here, desperate for a cup of tea.

The loo had been fixed.  Hooray!!

Sat down with my cuppa and CRASH BOING THUD!! 

Some little b****er of a kid who lives nearby had thrown a bit of stone up at our window.  . . . .  . Thank God he missed the glass and it hit the frame.  The frame is metal, so made quite a splendid noise....

We called the local police ..... Kiddo was still dancing around under the window

Went to eat a midday meal as the police said they'd be round later to take details.

In the middle of my meal the police arrived.

Details were taken and the damage inspected.

We then went back to finish our meal and ......

My nice chicken Pukka pie had been robbed of its chicken!!! 

Mr T was looking slightly guilty and licking his chops..... 

There was black fur on my potatoes and the carrots had claw marks in them  :sick:

Please, may I go back to bed and start Monday all over again?!?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
People Power Works!!!

Link to CatChat