Author Topic: Friend needs to rehome her cat  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Friend needs to rehome her cat
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 13:05:57 PM »
ooh keep us infromed

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 12:23:57 PM »
Gillian - whatever happened about this???

Nothing yet Dawn, I'm still waiting for her to send me some photos of Pip (the cat she wants me to have) - I havent decided if I'll have her or not, or whether I'll just try and help her find a nice home for Pip.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2007, 11:54:56 AM »
Gillian - whatever happened about this???

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 23:38:30 PM »
The crazy cat-lady only has 1/2 as many cats as you Gillian  :evillaugh:

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 23:37:33 PM »
The crazy cat-lady only has 1/2 as many cats as you Gillian  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 23:33:14 PM »
Gillian  :-:

Hey, where'd you get that picture of me Mark? LOL!  ;D

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 23:32:38 PM »
Oh sheesh, he's got the funny pics out again  :evillaugh:

Go on Gillian, what the scoop?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 23:22:36 PM »
Gillian  :-:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 23:14:54 PM »
Yes and ............................... :shify: :shify: :shify:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 11:05:46 AM »
the plot thickens!!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 11:00:21 AM »

C'mon spill Gillian!

Have you enough saucepans for them all to sit in?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well.........its just that I may not have enough rooms available to shut off before doing the intros, as Jasp and Zeta still have their own room overnight (don't trust Jasper and Harry when I can't keep me eye on 'em!), so that leaves only one other possible room for any newcomer, and if that room were to be filled up for some reason.................. ;)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 17:03:09 PM »
Gillian you would never notice one more and I'm sure the cat would like cat mates as opposed to Doggie friends - thats our mob speaking Sky is proving to be rather boisterous but now when a cat raises the paw he lies down!

Whatever you decide perhaps the word foster comes to mind and see how it goes - thats usually my line for some waif and stray needing a home and then they end up staying!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 17:00:26 PM »
I was wondering about the other plans as well but didn't want to pry but as we've started................!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 16:58:45 PM »
I have got some other plans as well, which would make it a bit difficult for me to have her......

C'mon spill Gillian!

I think you have to ask yourself the following questions

Can you afford another?
If she didnt like the other cats could you find her another home?
Have you enough saucepans for them all to sit in?

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 23:05:54 PM »
They relinquish Suze as the partner has allergies, but keep the other, also a long-hair.

but into a home with 11 cats already?? Possibly not in its best interests. Hard call for you I know,

Sorry, in a bad mood tonight, but they are pulling your chain Gillian. I would be demanding answers to my reasonable questions before I entertained their request.

No, thats ok, wanted opinions, apparently when she first got the cat (she's about 10 yrs) she already had 3 others (including Suz I presume) and the cat settled quite well with them, but thats a long time ago, and lots happened since then, poor little cat's world has been turned upside down.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 19:03:32 PM »
seems to me that they just give up on an animal when it all gets a bit hard for them. They relinquish Suze as the partner has allergies, but keep the other, also a long-hair. Sorry but they are just wasters. Their failure to address a reasonable question about the capacity for the mum to take on the kitty suggests this also. Sorry, but if I was being straight-up and expecting a virtual stranger to take on my responsibilities I think I might bend over backwards to give them answers to their questions. That aside, the cat will be well out of there, but into a home with 11 cats already?? Possibly not in its best interests. Hard call for you I know, but they really need to demonstrate why all your previous helpful advice has not been successful and it is now an 'emergency'

Sorry, in a bad mood tonight, but they are pulling your chain Gillian. I would be demanding answers to my reasonable questions before I entertained their request. :boxer:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 15:42:02 PM »
sounds like you're getting tempted!

Haha! - its just trying to think whats best for the cat - I did try my mum - but with her mobility not being so good she said no (very sensibly of course - unlike me!) I have got some other plans as well, which would make it a bit difficult for me to have her...... :sneaky:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 15:29:47 PM »
sounds like you're getting tempted!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 15:27:57 PM »
Oh Gillian what a problem, how did you end up having Suzie from her?  It's just what happens when people find out you like cats, you become a sort of waif repository!!  

Suzie's original breeder who I know very well,  asked if I was interested in Suzie because the owner had contacted her about rehoming Suz as the partner was allergic to her. Don't quite know why the other cat didnt seem to cause the allergies like Suz did, except for her being a persian, but the other cat is longhaired too - black and white if I remember rightly. Her owner is going to look out some pics for me, because when I collected Suz I just had this brief glimpse, but do remember thinking 'oh what a pretty cat, I wonder if she's going to rehome that one too' !

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 13:25:06 PM »
I got friends like that...  :sigh:  :Dont know:

All I can say is that generally I think the rehoming scene is picking up after the summer. If it were here, she wouldn't have to wait too long for a slot to come in.

But this poor cat needs a fresh start in as an only pet, methinks. Poor love...  :blow kiss:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 13:22:08 PM »
How come the house was suitable for a dog to live in yet not the cat? I ask myself. Will not her mum offer the little one a permanent home?

Don't know Ela, - I say 'friend' but I've never actually met her! Sounds daft doesnt it? but all our contact has been by phone and email. When I first went to collect Suzie, the 'friend' wasnt there - was too upset to see her go, so a neighbour was there. We've only kept in contact because of Suzie, maybe a couple of emails/phonecalls a year in the 4 yrs I had Suz.

I did ask that question about whether her mum could take the cat in my email to her yesterday, but didnt really get a response to that question when she replied today, so assuming thats not an option.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 13:04:59 PM »
In the meantime the friend got a dog (old enlish sheepdog) so when poor puss cat finally got to live with owner again - there was also a dog in residence!

How come the house was suitable for a dog to live in yet not the cat? I ask myself. Will not her mum offer the little one a permanent home?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 13:06:28 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
Friend needs to rehome her cat
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 12:09:35 PM »
A friend who lives some distance from me needs to rehome her cat because the cat and dog are not getting on. She's contacted me - yes you've guessed it, to see if I'd take the cat on! Her and her husband moved house which I think needed work, so the cat was sent to stay with her mum for several months. In the meantime the friend got a dog (old enlish sheepdog) so when poor puss cat finally got to live with owner again - there was also a dog in residence!

I tried to help regarding intros etc, sent her lots of info and just assumed all had gone ok. But obviously not because apparentley the cat has remained upstairs since November!! I feel really sorry for the cat, but don't know if thats a good reason to have her myself - especially as she's probably traumatised from living with the dog - maybe not a good idea to then for her to suddenly have to get used to living with 11 cats!

This may sound silly, but this friend was my lovely Suzie's previous owner, and I feel sort of drawn to have this cat, but again thats probably not a good reason.......

Link to CatChat