Author Topic: Cat brought to a new home and escaped within half an hour. Help finding  (Read 4147 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Forgot to say in my last post... If she's chipped don't forget to let the chip company know she's missing and make sure the contact details are updated with your info.

Also, if her previous home is within cat travelling distance make sure you ask her old owners and neighbours to keep an eye out for her.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
Hello Dave and   :welcome:  to the forum

While it may sound obvious, leave some food in the garden for the escapee, it would also be helpful to set a cat trap you could either borrow one from your local shelter or buy one from the Pet shop, they are not too expensive.

Good luck x
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
my Tosker escaped  from my supposedly catproof enclosure on his first night here, and I thought I would never see him again - but he appeared at the bottom of the garden the next night, so I put food out for him - I found out after a few days of leaving food that he had set up home in next door's garage

so I reckon there's a good chance your escapee has found somewhere to hide away from very close to you, but of course she won't come if you call her-  but I would put out food near the back door by night, and if her mother is meowing loudly you could try putting her in a carrier outside during the day, in the hopes the daughter will seek her out - if she does the next stage would be to get mother to cry indoors, in the hope of luring daughter inside, so you can shut her in

this might take some while though - it took me 2 months to get Tosker indoors
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Sorry to have to welcome you to Purrs at such a worrying time  :hug:

Whilst your cat being new to the area, and to you, decreases the chances of her finding her own way back as she doesn't know it's home yet there's no reason why with the help of posters and flyers you won't get her back home  :hug:

Have a look at the hints and tips here: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

To give you some hope the lady who wrote the list, Sam, lost her own cat in similar circumstances - a cat who she was trasporting and didn't 'know' escaped from her carrier at Sam's home which was completely new to Rossi (as was Sam). With posters, flyers and perseverance Sam got Rossi back and they lived happily ever after!

Offline dave.h.nightingale

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Missy
Hi,

I collected two cats - a mother (5 years) and her daughter (2 years). I brought them home and let them roam the house. When I went to open the font door when the door bell went and the youngest cat bolted and although a chase ensued I lost her. She has now been missing 5 hours. Mum is still finding her feet and I won't be letter her out for a good few weeks until she knows this is her home.

Is all hope lost for the daughter or do you think she will return? She bolted after only being in the house 30 minutes. I have left their bedding at the front (for smell) and will put mum's used litter in the back for the same reason. I will also print leaflets out tomorrow and have posted messages on forums such as facebook and gumtree.

Is there anything else you think I can do to help?

Many thanks in advance.

Link to CatChat