Author Topic: Picture of stray I've been feeding - Hastings  (Read 4490 times)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Re: Picture of stray I've been feeding - Hastings
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 20:58:21 PM »
Thanks for doing that :thanks: I'll try contacting some other places. He isn't feral, my colleague seems to see him more than me as I only work part time. He knows I worry about the cat so has started taking an interest in him too which is good. He's actually stroked him and when he took the picture last week he even tried to pick him up which not surprisingly he didn't like.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 20:42:55 PM »
I've posted him/her on CatChat.

Definitely worth asking other rescues  :hug: Let them know that the company is moving premises after Xmas so in my mind he should be classed as more urgent as there will be nobody to feed him.  Even if you don't see him during the day he may well go in a trap overnight if you managed to find a rescue space. If he's feral then the rescue might have contacts at a farm/stables etc so at least he would have regular food and shelter once your company has moved.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 20:24:46 PM »
Thanks Tiggy's Mum that would be great.

I've added him to the animal search and will look at the national pet register.

I talked to the rescue I used to volunteer at and they said they were really busy over the summer and couldn't do anything to help him. They also said they could only trap him check him for a chip etc then release him back to the site but not till later in the year. As my work is probably going to be moving premises after Christmas I won't be around to feed him. Do you think it's worth asking other rescues or will they just want to do the same?

Part of the problem with him is that I hardly see him, last week when my colleague saw him he hadn't been seen for a month. I think he stays hidden in the day which is pretty sensible but all the food I put down is being eaten.     

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 19:00:40 PM »
What a lovely boy  :Luv: (or girl!) Have you put him/her down on any waiting lists for a rescue space?Then as and when a space comes up you could ask to borrow a trap.

You could put their details on...

http://www.nationalpetregister.org/

http://www.animalsearchuk.co.uk/

Would you like me to put a post on Cat Chat Lost and found if you're not already registered?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 16:39:59 PM »
Gorgeous but sorry dont know where  :hug: :hug:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
Picture of stray I've been feeding - Hastings
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 15:35:35 PM »
This is the cat I've been feeding for the last 4 months. All the rescues are full, so not sure what to do with him as it's not possible to get hold of him. I say him could be a female.  A Colleague managed to get a picture of him so I thought I'd post some pictures on some forums and websites etc.

Which are the best sites to post ?

Link to CatChat