Author Topic: Lost Lovebird Birmingham!! Help!  (Read 17476 times)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
Re: Lost Lovebird Birmingham!! Help!
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 08:39:31 AM »
Keeping my fingers crossed  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 08:30:20 AM »
Everything crossed for you  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 07:11:13 AM »
:crossed:  :wow:

It does seem to be too much of a coincidence so here's hoping it's him  :hug:

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 06:43:50 AM »
thank god its morning- finally we can find out if it is sky or not ;D

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2011, 22:24:21 PM »
Thankfully hes got a ring on and a few little features only we would know so he would be easily identifiable over the phone...he also has his own special dance that he does- muffin one of older babies does mini pressups (like shes in training to break out of her cage  :rofl: :Crazy:)at the top of her cage so they all have weird quirky habbits.
Oddly Georgia our older kitten seems upset since he went and has been sitting on my knee really fussing me..she never does that as shes not a cuddly cat (she normal lies on her back at top of stairs and demands you rub her belly :innocent:)
Mr Miyagi however seems to be his same hairy fat self and has taken to ignoring me since he discovered the garden and my raised veg patch :innocent:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 21:44:11 PM »
Oh bless you surley it has to be him .. it's too much of a coincidence ... there can't be that may lost lovebirds within a 9 mile radius of you house.  Keeping everything tightly crossed.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 21:34:20 PM »
I do hope its him  :hug: :hug:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 21:30:09 PM »
if it is him he has flown 9 1/2 miles!
I plotted it on the map and in a direct route it would actually take him across lots of parks and green areas so its really possible it is him, lord knows what kind of adventures he has had on his way though :Crazy:
my daughters pacing the floor- to cap it all its her prom tommorrow so shes got so much already, Sky may get his favourite treats when he returns (fingers crossed :Luv2:) but I will be putting mini padlocks on his cage to ensure he doesnt take a flight of his own ever again and my naughty 3 year old can get in the cage either :censored:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 21:08:52 PM »
really hope it's your little boy  :hug:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 20:54:22 PM »
hi
i had a reply from someone saying there was an add in birmingham mail for a lovie found in acocks green ;D
It says to contact petsearch , they arent open. does any one know the person who runs it so i can get more details.
Ive found a site in solihull so wondered if any of you on here are Paula or Harry Greaves
http://freespace.virgin.net/solihull.petsearch/
Im desperate to know if its Sky or not as his baby really needs him home (she wasnt drinking yesterday so daughter has been feeding her and giving her water) thankfully she looks better today and has been eating on her own but Im worried about her too :(

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 19:40:01 PM »
thanks no sightings yet and ive registered him now sam :shy:
phoned rspca but couldnt get through so will try again tommorrow

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 13:09:45 PM »
I would get his details on the NPR ...... http://www.nationalpetregister.org/

Keeping everything crossed he is home soon.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 09:37:30 AM »
 :( oh dear I hope that manage to find him very soon, spread the word around and hopefully someone will spot him I have everything crossed for you xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 05:33:25 AM »
I woke up as dreamed he was in garden all puffed up shivering and exhausted so ran downstairs to check but hes still not home.
i will check the local fields on the way to school with kids as there is a lot of huge trees  so they may have tempted him
x

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 21:29:26 PM »
oh no, i hope he comes home soon.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 21:16:40 PM »
I will phone the local rescues tomorrow as being out searching most of the day with daughter. a few people said they would knock the door if they saw him. had no sighting of him though- hes quite noisy with a distinctive call so he would attract attention.
Peaches is snuggled up with baby at the moment :(- thankfully the baby is old enough not to need dad (dad does the main caring for mom and baby)
I hate knowing hes out there somewhere, he wont survive with other birds, he needs his own food etc and allways lived inside.
I did clip his wings when we first got him so he had limited flight but it seemed kinder to let him fly about house with full feathers- my daughter used to take him out in a flightsuit before so he could fly safely but obviously the temptation was too much today- he saw his chance and took it.
my youngest woke up shouting birds gone, birds gone in her dream so she knows what shes done, I was angry with her earlier as she seemed quite chuffed with herself after she did it :Crazy:
 since he went we have had a robin and a beautifull butterfly in the garden-both lovely but not our little bird sky :(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 21:02:23 PM »
I hope you find him.............just wondering if notifying RSPCA would help  :hug: :hug:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 18:53:44 PM »
oh dear hope you find him  :hug: x
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 17:58:42 PM »
Hope you can find him  :(  :hug:

• Hero Cat
Lost Lovebird Birmingham!! Help!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 17:02:46 PM »
I know hes not a cat but I'm hoping that anyone working in rescues may hear something if he gets spotted or handed in :'(
My 3 year old daughter decided it would be a good idea to open up the lovebirds cage. Sky seeing his chance flew off into the distance and hasnt been spotted since.
He is a lovely little character and am dreading something happening to him.
If anyone hears of a green and white lovebird out loose or handed in hen please let me know. my eldest daughter is devasted and his "wife" Peaches seems pretty distressed as they are a true pair. :'(

I have his wife in the garden in a cage at the moment cheeping to attract him and also an open cage- sadly i have seen a bird of prey hovering and hope he is safe somewhere.
he wouldnt respond to being caught by landing on a hand- he would have to be caught in a net, he normally flys about our house in my daughters room but daughter is with him so can catch him or let him go back in cage of own accord.
sadly the temptation of the open sky was too much to resist for him today :(

Link to CatChat