Author Topic: Lost Lovebird Birmingham!! Help!  (Read 17477 times)

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
Re: Lost Lovebird Birmingham!! Help!
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2011, 22:47:51 PM »
they run around the front room like chickens lol!
rainbow comes to sit on your hand and takes bits of food off you in her mouth and then holds it in her left foot to eat..the woman got rid of her as rainbow has an allergy to wood and plastic and it brings her feet out in blisters :Crazy: her perches are covered in masking tape which shes not allergic to apparently. shes very clever and makes all kind of noises!
cookie the mad boy cockatiel has a very wide walk and thinks hes the man :innocent: he talks but its mumbled, its defintely talking but cant figure what hes saying yet, the man said he says hello cookie and likes rich tea biscuits! cookie kindly mashed one up in his water bowl after snatching one off me lol but its the only thing he accepted from my fingers so he is open to bribes :sneaky:
rio the masked lovebird i caught below has settled in with our other lovebirds although he gets on better with the two babies better, peaches (partner of sky) and muffin her older daughter were ganging up on him but they have calmed down a bit now.
he does need a masked friend though as he sits near the babys but not cuddled up and looks a bit lonely on his own. If sky comes home there will be some adjustment thats for sure as he was the daddy of all daddys :innocent: so not sure what he will think about all the new birds!!
he better get back soon as i marched up to RSPCA with a bunch of brocolli his fav food and not sure how many times i can keep going up there as its a long walk! still worth it though  in case he turns up one day :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2011, 22:32:08 PM »
Lovely birds  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2011, 22:19:31 PM »
Ahhh they are both gorgeous and look happy in their new home  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2011, 21:36:38 PM »
trying to fill a sky shape hole i think :-[
heres the new birdies :shy:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 21:37:40 PM by thekittensmittens »

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2011, 21:27:01 PM »
it wasnt him :shy:
id convinced myself it was as well :-[
it was lighter than sky, probably still young i think. i had put my name down to adopt the other one they brought in before  so saw her today as well.
so far this week ive adopted a cockatiel called cookie who loves sunny our cockatiel but does not like me at all!hes got a bite like a rabid rat :Crazy:
thankfully a garden glove does the trick and hes fine soon as hes out of the cage!
also adopted a beautifull rosella called rainbow who is bright as a button and wolf whistles etc and begs for food. :Luv2: my oh has officially adopted rainbow now so of course she had to be the genius bird lol :innocent:
also came home the other day and found a rabbit trying to get in my door :Crazy:
my moms chap managed to catch it and we stuck it in a spare bird cage, found out it was a boys rabbit nearby who has munched through his cage so thankfully he went off back to his home, after the rabbit inccident i then spotted a large caterpillar trying to get in too :rofl: I feel like dr doolittle :shy:

OMG you will be soon become know as the Bird Lady  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  Sorry it wasn't Sky .... hope he hurry's up and gets himself captured otherwise there'll be no room for him when he gets home  ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 21:27:36 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2011, 19:41:15 PM »
Oh what a bummer.  :( Sounds like the rest of the world wants to come and live with you, though !  ;D

• Hero Cat
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2011, 19:36:23 PM »
it wasnt him :shy:
id convinced myself it was as well :-[
it was lighter than sky, probably still young i think. i had put my name down to adopt the other one they brought in before  so saw her today as well.
so far this week ive adopted a cockatiel called cookie who loves sunny our cockatiel but does not like me at all!hes got a bite like a rabid rat :Crazy:
thankfully a garden glove does the trick and hes fine soon as hes out of the cage!
also adopted a beautifull rosella called rainbow who is bright as a button and wolf whistles etc and begs for food. :Luv2: my oh has officially adopted rainbow now so of course she had to be the genius bird lol :innocent:
also came home the other day and found a rabbit trying to get in my door :Crazy:
my moms chap managed to catch it and we stuck it in a spare bird cage, found out it was a boys rabbit nearby who has munched through his cage so thankfully he went off back to his home, after the rabbit inccident i then spotted a large caterpillar trying to get in too :rofl: I feel like dr doolittle :shy:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2011, 18:52:12 PM »
:crossed:  :wow:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2011, 16:02:55 PM »
OMG spooky .... I was telling one of my colleagues about little Sky going missing this morning!  Keeping everything crossed it is him at the RSPCA.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2011, 12:02:45 PM »
Ooh definitely  :crossed:

was only thinking of Sky this morning and going to ask if you'd heard anything.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2011, 11:57:28 AM »
Fingers well and truly crossed  ;D

• Hero Cat
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 11:41:48 AM »
cross you fingers- rspca just called, they have a lovebird that sounds like sky :wow:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2011, 15:12:39 PM »
I'm really sad for you that you've not found Sky yet  :hug: I hope you do though just like this other little bird has been found. You're right don't give up, keeping fingers crossed for you xx

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2011, 23:16:54 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: @ your OH I think alot of blokes are like that.

The lovebirds sound wonderful I hope you manage to find a perfect little friend for Rio  :Luv2:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2011, 23:10:46 PM »
Yes we will get him/her a friend as ive shown him to our others but they werent too friendly towards him, they will cheap happily to each other but not get along in a cage as they are a different species of lovebird. Rio is very gentle so we will look for a similar character, probably younger as they are similar to cats and people. there is no saying who they will get along with :shy:
I did put him in with Sunny our female cockatiel whilst i was fixing up a cage for him and they got on quite well but Sunny has a big parrot cage so Rio could easily fit through the bars if he deciced too.
I didnt agree with birds in cages before so was a bit nervous when daughter was begging for a pet bird but after seeing their little characters and how they are all different I must admit the whole family is smitten with them :Luv2:
Muffin our oldest baby is developing a bit of an attiude like Sky and does pullups at the top of the cage like shes in training. Sky used to do a spinning dance where he would turn his head at same time then stop to see if you were watching and do it again. Peaches the mom just loves making nests and fussing over the babys, shes very gentle too.
the new baby (on holiday in devon with daughter)is a bit of a superstar and lives on your head, steps onto your finger and begs to come out.
we had a bit of a domestic though as soon as i brought him in to show my oh he said could he have him..my son who came to collect him had already asked so i feel a bit terrible now , oh pretends he has no interest in the animals normally but i catch him talking to the birds and cats when he thinks im out of earshot and he fills the cat bowls with dreamies :Crazy: :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2011, 20:05:28 PM »
I didnt know what they looked like and they are cute  ;D

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2011, 19:40:52 PM »
Ahhhhhh Rio is lovely .... will he need a mate to keep him company or is being near Peaches and the family enough to stop him getting depressed.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2011, 19:38:15 PM »
This is our lost lovebird sky..sadly still no news of our little chap but i wont give up hope :shy:
He is the one on the top right..his wife peaches is poking out of the nest , the young baby like peaches is and is at the top next to mommy and the young green bird at the bottom is Muffin who is a total show off and just like daddy!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2011, 19:32:15 PM »
here is our new birdie called Rio (son has adopted and named him :innocent:)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2011, 13:02:51 PM »
Yes, pics of the new ones and of your Sky? You never know...?

• Hero Cat
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2011, 10:47:58 AM »
thats what I am hoping too as lots of greenery in our area so it would be great if he manages to charm his way into someones house.
the old man was lovely and was ever so chuffed that he had managed to coax the lovebird into his house. mind you it had managed to poop everywhere so i think his wife was glad that part of it was at an end :rofl:
Spent yesterday night fixing and repairing a cage till we get a new one as this lovebird is a fischers so a different breed from our peachfaced, which means he cant be kept with them in case they cross breed :Crazy:
I phoned daughter whos in devon (with two lovebirds :shy:) so she was very excited and demands pics :innocent:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 23:31:32 PM »
Ahhhh how wonderful ... let hope someone has found Sky and is loving him as much as Birdie  :Luv2:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 20:59:55 PM »
Update :shy:
Sky is still lost :(
however...a lady saw our lost add and brought a baby lovebird over for my daughter to purchase, he is lovely and ever so friendly and already steps onto your finger etc on command
and..... :Crazy:.....a man phoned up today and offered us a lovebird he found in his garden, it was there for 6 weeks till he managed to tempt it into his conserveatry? by playing lovebirds singing off youtube. he phoned up and asked if we could catch it ,we got there and the man netted it with a fishing net i brought. I held the lovebird expecting him/her to nip hard but apart from a nibble its more gentle than a baby lovebird :Luv:. I gave it some water off my finger and the chap and his wife gave him a stroke as they had become attached to him after spending all that time watching him and trying to lure him in but didnt feel they could keep him due to if they went on holiday etc. Hes now (birdie!) sat in one of our bigger cages as happy as larry and been eating for england! ;D

• Hero Cat
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2011, 15:36:56 PM »
thanks i will try the paper ;D
In the meantime I am planning how to build a big aviary so they can go outside in summer- maybe the calling of the other birds we have will encourage stray /lost birds to us....and hopefully sky!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2011, 14:00:22 PM »
I think that's a really good idea of Helens, lost of people watch birds in the their garden and out and about and good chance someone must see him.  If it's in the paper I reckon peeps will be extra watchful.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2011, 15:49:58 PM »
Sorry to hear it wasn't him  :(

Might be worth seeing if your local paper would run a little article, I live in a very large town (so you'd think they'd have enough news etc) but in the last couple of weeks there have been two 'owner has lost their parrot' type stories/articles (not adverts) and both have been reunited now.

I think if people saw a parrot/lovebird they wouldn;t think to report it anywhere, they'd just think 'ooh, how unusual' but if you had an article in the paper you could get sightings etc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2011, 15:35:06 PM »
oddly we have gained a robin :Crazy:
i think its a male confused by our other lovebirds as he sits chirping away , i think its his mating call :Crazy: :rofl:
he turned up when sky flew off so its doubly odd- maybe sky has learnt to shapeshift like a shaman :-[

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2011, 13:41:14 PM »
Hopefully, you never know someone may have handed him in there  :hug:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2011, 11:30:04 AM »
We got in contact with a man who runs Parrotmag.com so he will register him as lost and it will go out to aviary owners etc so fingers crossed he turns up at someones house.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 06:26:05 AM »
Sorry it wasn't Sky  :hug:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 22:00:18 PM »
Oh ..I was hoping it was little Sky  :(  Don't give up hun ... he still might be found.  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 21:24:57 PM »
 :( oh I was really hoping it was Sky  :hug:

I'll keep everything crossed he's found soon.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 17:26:20 PM »
managed to get through today and the one that was found definately isnt ours.thankfully it was a nice RSPCA lady this time ;D
the petsearch lady called up again and said another was handed in but that was found 2 weeks ago...so sky is still on the loose :(

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 19:20:55 PM »
Cheeky beggars, you would think they would be happy that a possible owner has been found. I do hope it is yours.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2011, 19:18:37 PM »
the bird has been handed in to rspca- they werent very helpful at all so have no clue as to which rspca hes in, they said the bird was found on fri though so it is probably not him-however id like to see for myself. they were very "off" with me and said i hadnt reported him lost..i said id reported him lost everywhere apart from rspca as i couldnt get though each time i called :censored:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 12:16:10 PM »
update: the people who are on the site below are dead :-: we managed to get through to the main branch who phoned up the new people on the same number we were given. the lady thinks the new person may have gone on holiday :(
but she has said she is going to try to find out through one of the other branches if they know anything at all.
I also had another message about a found lovebird but they said it was found last week so not our baby :(
we explained about the baby needing sky, so just hoping now someone gets back eventually!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 12:10:35 PM »
I think you will find the person is at work and this is their home, they are volunteers I believe.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 10:30:43 AM »
we keep phoning up but get the answer phone :(
emailed and left loads of messages but cant get to speak to a real person.
if anyone lives nearby here do they fancy popping in ;)

PETSEARCH U.K.

851 OLD LODE LANE,
SOLIHULL,
WEST MIDLANDS B92 8JE.
I dot have a car so going slowly insane :Crazy: :'(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 08:42:02 AM »
fingers crossed for you

• Hero Cat
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 08:40:14 AM »
Thanks all- just waiting till someone is at the office to answer the phone :shy:

Link to CatChat