Author Topic: Message of hope  (Read 4895 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Message of hope
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 15:58:43 PM »
What an uplifting story  :)  :welcome: to Purrs Tabitha and  :welcome: home Phoebe  :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 14:48:33 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Tabitha: glad you found us and decided to join.  Your message of hope is wonderful news and a lovely gesture for others who may be in despair  :)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 14:19:15 PM »
 :welcome: to purrs

Thanks for posting that Tabitha and delighted for you and Phoebe that you were reunited.  You must have been over the moon when you got the call  :)  We have 6; all microchipped.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 14:00:13 PM »
What wonderful news about Phoebe :wow: im so glad you have her back safe,im sorry you didnt find Henry tho,i know what its like to loose a kittie,my Wizzy disappeared on the 10th April 2008 never to be seen again and he wasnt microchipped,i havent given up hope completely but the longer it goes the less i have, but enjoy having Phoebe back :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Tabitha

• Kitten
Message of hope
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 13:11:29 PM »
Hi Everyone
Just thought I would tell you my story to give some hope to all of you who have missing kitties.
On 1st April 2008 my cat Henry went missing.  Did all the usual things, posters, leaflets, phone calls etc etc etc.....
As he was not the first cat we had who had gone missing I took his sister Phoebe to the vets the next day to get her microchipped.  The months went by and we never had one call about Henry, it was like he disappeared from the face of the earth!!!
Then on 17th October 2008 Phoebe went out at 5.30 in the morning.  She usually came back around 6 or so for her breakfast, but this day she didn't.  As the hours went by I started to fear the worst. After a couple of days I started with the posters, leaflets, phone calls and so on.  To be honest I thought I would get her back because of the microchip.
Again the weeks and months went by and not a word, not one call. Just like Henry it was like she had disappeared.  After months I did give up hope and felt that I had wasted £20 on the microchip. 
Then on 17th April this year I had a call from a vets about 6 miles from where I live.  They had Phoebe!!!!!! Six months to the day that she went missing!!! She had been living in a Garden Centre about 12 miles from where we live.  The wierdest thing was I had been there loads of times, especially around Christmas.  I cant believe I walked just a few feet from her so many times!!!
She was a bit worse for wear and needed an operation but is now well on the way to a full recovery.  She settled in immediately like she had never been away too!!!
So NEVER give up hope.  Your baby is out there somewhere just waiting to be found.
I also cant emphasise enough the importance of microchipping, we would never had got her back otherwise.  The lady who took her to the vets said she was gutted when Phoebe was microchipped as she wanted to keep her.
I DO hope it gives you all hope and maybe even a little comfort that someone somewhere is looking after your missing baby.
Sorry to ramble!!
XXXXX

Link to CatChat