Author Topic: When will I learn to keep my mouth shut  (Read 4156 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: When will I learn to keep my mouth shut
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 23:51:29 PM »
Great  ;D

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2007, 14:21:37 PM »
Well done  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2007, 12:02:51 PM »
Yay got two more kittens. A tabby one and a longhaired black and white

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 23:16:25 PM »
Good luck, hope you catch the missing ones

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 21:26:15 PM »
I promise to get pics of all of them in the next couple of days. They are a very pale grey yes and also a very pale creamy ginger as well. As you will see when I take pics. I don't want to disturb them to much at the moment and also they hide most of time and also they are at the vets at the moment ready to be spayed tomorrow.I just hope I can catch these two other kittens tomorrow as I don't drive and my other half is back to work next week. wish me luck I will do my best though.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 21:30:13 PM by kelly-joy »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 20:45:41 PM »
Well done for what you have done already  ;D

would love to see pics of the tortie longhairs.......dilute??

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 19:15:59 PM »
I would love to do that but I have had a real job to get this 6. I will try though.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 19:14:16 PM »
Glad you have got more out, and fingers crossed for the others. I hope you can catch the ones she wants to keep and have them done before returning them.
Please spay your cat

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 17:22:15 PM »
Yay! got two more out. A 9 year old black and white who is so lovely and loving took him up to stadhampton rescue as I think he will have no trouble in finding a home. Got black tortie out who is about 9 months and I think she is preg. I will take her up the vets tomorrow.So I have 2 blue tortie longhairs 8 months at the vets being spayed along with a black 4 month old girl. I have a black tortie girl of 9 months and a black and white boy here at home. I have to go back get one tabby kitten and one black and white long haired kitten not sure on sexs yet.She is keeping two tabbys the mother and father of the kittens that are only 9 months old. I will try and get the mother spayed as soon as possible but this women is not much help really. I told her to block cat flap and shut all doors so they couldn't get out then call me as we would have better chance of catching them all. she phoned me said yes they are all in. got there and she hadn't blocked the flap or shut the doors so of course they all ran to get out and we only managed to catch the 2.I have left her a cat carrier and told her to get both the kittens in and then phone me and I will come and get them. This place is a good hour away and I spent hours there yesterday trying to catch them all so I think I am being quite fair now.wish me luck.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 13:53:37 PM »
Well we are lucky to live in the middle of nowhere and I did ask the council but they weren't interested so all the Clan cats live in harmony (most of the time) and the dogs and strays, peacocks, deer and anything else that views our garden/paddock and woods home are well looked after!

We had an issue at a our previous house as someone complained but on the visit to us they discovered that it was dog poo not the cats and that we cleaned up after our own dogs and others also the tennants left soon after as other folks in the street started to complain about their loud parties and kids trashing their gardens etc - 
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 13:32:00 PM »
Most council accomodation will only allow you to have two cats as part of the tenancy agreement,

The council tenents in our Town are allowed one cat and one dog, I understand they will allow 2 cats if permission is asked. But when someone iffy wants a cat and they have one already I forget to tell them that bit.  ;D
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 13:23:56 PM »
I was just thinking that - she shouldnt be allowed to look after any if she is letting them get into that state  :(
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 13:01:32 PM »
It doesn't sound to me like this lady couldn't look after any cats let alone 2. Why is 2 acceptable to keep when she lets them get into that sort of state I wonder?

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 12:54:04 PM »
Most council accomodation will only allow you to have two cats as part of the tenancy agreement, I know that's what is in mine. Don't think there is a restriction in numbers if you own your property as long as no problems being caused. Good luck with getting the rest of the cats out, they will thank you for it I'm sure  ;D

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 12:38:03 PM »
is there an actual number of cats people are allowed to own?  we have our own house and stuff but I always wonder if we ended up with the wrong neighbours or something if anyone could tell us how many pets we could have?  

Cats protection ask that fosterer's have no more than 12 cats including their own as otherwise some councils will vie the premises as a Sanctuary and may have to be registered as such.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 12:37:09 PM »
I don't know. I think if you keep your place clean and tidy and so it doesn't smell so neighbours can't complain then I don't think it matters how many you have. but I could be wrong

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 12:32:59 PM »
is there an actual number of cats people are allowed to own?  we have our own house and stuff but I always wonder if we ended up with the wrong neighbours or something if anyone could tell us how many pets we could have? 

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 12:20:27 PM »
Took the 4 to the vet left 3 females to be spayed and brought the little boy home. the lady phoned me said the envirualmental heath had been round and told her she could only keep two cats. So looks like I will be visting this place for quite a while{oh no}I will go catch as many as I can later wish me luck.The place makes me itch and feel all yuck! hope I don't catch anything.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 10:03:28 AM »
There is nothing you can do in those circumstances except remove the cats. We're not social workers and if people chose to live in those circumstances, no one can force them not to.

The trouble is that if it is not reported you may well find yourself in the same position year on year.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 10:00:04 AM »
We had one like this recently.  :( Just the one adult male cat involved, but the couple were living in squalor. Poor Raffles was thin, flea ridden, but the worst thing was his teeth. Heaven knows what they'd been feeding him but he had to have all his back teeth removed. He was only around 5-6.  :'(

He was found laying outside their house and we think he'd just 'given up'. They had a broken off cat flap through which you could see into their house - it was beyond words.  :sick: They opened the upstairs window and said Raffles wasn't theirs but everyone knew he was.

There is nothing you can do in those circumstances except remove the cats. We're not social workers and if people chose to live in those circumstances, no one can force them not to. Remember dear old My Trebus from the Life of Grime...  :sick: :shy:

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 09:50:28 AM »
Hi Thanks guys. I am going back to there today to get the last 2 kittens. I will try to see if she will let me take more but at the moment I don't want to push it until I have got these two out. I really don't want to go back there its awful . wish me luck in catching the last two kittens. taking the 4 kittens to vet today so wish me luck with that too.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 09:46:15 AM »
Oh no!

Good luck with the little ones - I hope you don't get a flea infestation, I know how horrible that is.

Which reminds me - time for frontline to be ordered again  :rofl:

Well done to you for taking this on and I agree with Ela once the little ones are out of there as the council can offer to clean up these houses can't they? Or order that they gain access if it is very bad and the person who lives there will not agree to let them in. (My mum watches Life of Grime too much!)
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 09:42:21 AM »
Once I had got all the cats out I would contact the environmental Health and report the problem.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
When will I learn to keep my mouth shut
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 08:23:15 AM »
Well you know I was saying that I wasn't busy at all and only had one foster left. Well yesterday I got a call about a preg mum and 7 one week old kittens that needed fostering so they will be coming soon. Also yesterday got a call about four 4 month old kittens and 2 8month old kittens with possiablity of the 8 month old kittens being preg already.Went up there to get them thinking go get them put them in basket bring them home.Wish things would have been that simple but got there this flat was like a rubbish dump inside and there was cats everywhere and none of them where very used to human contact.So me and my other half spend ages trying to catch these 6 kittens what a nightmare. We got 4 and will go back today and get the other two. I have said we will sort the mums to be spayed as well so this is one big job. I just can't believe how the old lady lives its so awful. There was rubbish everywhere flies and fleas jumping everywhere.I am going to take the 4 I got to vet today as the 2 longhaired tortie ones need to been spayed and they will have to be shaved as well as they are so badly matted. They are all very thin and covered in fleas. I frontlined them all last night and my own just incase.The fleas are all over the bed in the room I keep the cats so the room is going to be sprayed as well now jjust hope the whole house doesn't get infested. I have never seen so many fleas in my life before yuck!.

Link to CatChat