Author Topic: Would my friend's cat be happier at its old house?  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Would my friend's cat be happier at its old house?
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 20:34:40 PM »
Fingers crossed, if you wanted to bung her just any 2 cats you wouldnt bother HC  :innocent:
2 cat flaps  :wow:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 19:39:50 PM »
It is a great house for cats - it has 2 catflaps  :evillaugh:

:wow:  :evillaugh:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 19:38:25 PM »
She said she had a couple of days off in April but didn't think it was enough time to bond. Hopefully Sharon can convince her otherwise  :)

It is a great house for cats - it has 2 catflaps  :evillaugh:

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 19:36:58 PM »
Fingers crossed for them xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 19:23:07 PM »
These people are seeing Louis and Pepper tomorrow.. So fingers crossed for them as they have been with us for a while now
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 21:23:58 PM »
She said it was for the cat's benefit to allow them time to bond  :tired: (as Sharon said, what is worse, a pen or a house alone?)

She also said that Sharon had suggested 2 cats we already had and she got the feeling Sharon was trying to fob her off with existing cats rather than the right one/s coming along (she is considering 2) - She doesn't seem a bad person but just not like us.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 21:00:00 PM »
Oh the pet owner type not pet lover  :(
Dont you just love dithery people  :tired: she'll have changed her mind by then

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 20:37:59 PM »
That wasn't going to happen. I mentioned it at the time - almost 2 years ago and she said the cat had a choice to come in the house or not. She is very much "animals are just animals". She was suggesting PTS as soon as Willow was diagnosed CRF. She doesn't believe in medicating and pampering where animals are concerned (although one of her dogs was on Metacam).

I haven't actually spoken to her. The woman I did the homecheck was talking about rehoming in August when she is on leave, which left us wondering why she was in such a rush to be homechecked  :tired:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 20:32:06 PM »
What happened in the end? Maybe they should consider rehoming the dog and letting kissy have her home back   :shy:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Would my friend's cat be happier at its old house?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 08:10:17 AM »
My friend used to live down the road with her 2 cats (brother & sister) and her dog. She moved a couple of years ago. Until then, Kissy, the girl cat used to always play with Missy the dog. Paddy, the boy cat wasn't too happy about having a dog around. They moved to a bigger house two years ago and decided to get another dog. Since then, Kissy has been spending most of her time in the greenhouse and shed, rarely coming in. Paddy died last year (CRF). I told my friend that she could put Kissy on the rehoming list at any time. I am doing a home check this morning and it happens to be at my friend's old house. A couple that are out at work all day. I just keep wondering if kissy wouldn't be happier there. She knows the house etc and would be able to go inside whenever she wanted. Its a shame because it was kissy that always instigated the play sessions with missy. In the past, I have seen her launch herself at missy wanting to play  :evillaugh:

Any thoughts?

Link to CatChat