Author Topic: When will it all stop?  (Read 8729 times)

Offline woowoo

• Senior Cat
    • Four paws pet rescue Cumbria South
  • Slave to: Basil,Fred,Molly,Trevor,Pepe,Mabel, Odin(RIP) and the four dogs.
Re: When will it all stop?
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 15:23:27 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever stop.  No matter how much we educate, there are always going to be people who do not take responsibility for their animals and animals that are always going to need our help.  Just take comfort from the fact Dawn, that you do MORE than your fair share and, if you decide to switch your phone off for a day, you are not being a bad person, you are making time for yourself, which we all need or we're no good for anything.

(We also know that if we switch our phones off, people will just phone the next day anyway. :(

Take care of yourself and MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF. :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
I actually had some ME time last night! After I'd finished work and sorting all the cats and kittens and dog out that is! Finally got round to shaving my legs LOL :rofl: Have one night to pamper yourself Hun, you deserve it.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 15:07:34 PM »
do you ever have what you would call good years?

I think when I was young, free, single and catless  :naughty:

Just take comfort from the fact Dawn, that you do MORE than your fair share and, if you decide to switch your phone off for a day, you are not being a bad person, you are making time for yourself, which we all need or we're no good for anything.

I did have an email off someone the other week, and I hate to say it but I ignored it   :sneakin:  It was another 2 parrots that someone wants rid of but I haven't got the time and I honestly haven't got the room  :tired:  I've been doing parrot rescue for years but since doing the cats, I feel they need me more but I still get mithered to bloody death about them  :oh noo:  I'm contemplating taking my website down and at least then, I won't get the hassle unless it's off people that pass my number on and know me  :tired:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 14:59:45 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think it will ever stop.  No matter how much we educate, there are always going to be people who do not take responsibility for their animals and animals that are always going to need our help.  Just take comfort from the fact Dawn, that you do MORE than your fair share and, if you decide to switch your phone off for a day, you are not being a bad person, you are making time for yourself, which we all need or we're no good for anything.

(We also know that if we switch our phones off, people will just phone the next day anyway. :(

Take care of yourself and MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF. :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 14:58:00 PM »
do you ever have what you would call good years?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
When will it all stop?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 14:17:54 PM »
I've got some more ferals to sort, about 10 adults and 4 babies, none spayed/neutered, also another female from the golf course has 4 babies, approx 4 weeks old  :tired: I also have a parrot to pick up later that's coming on his holidays whilst his mum is in respite but will be a permanant fixture in a couple of months and also another parrot I have to pick up as the old lady can't look after him any more  :shocked:  :shocked:  :oh noo:  One day, I'm going to switch my phone off, not check my emails and have a days break  :sneaky:

Link to CatChat