Author Topic: urgent kittens  (Read 1284 times)

Offline rachael1981

• Adult Cat
Re: urgent kittens
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 15:28:31 PM »
What do you think will happen to the kittens if they dont get sold?  :( I often wonder what happens when byb cant get rid of 'stock'.......if their selling them so cheap and out of their window i guess they dont really give two hoots about the kittens?

Whats everyone elses opinion?

PS - Bryn, i'm in Bradford too, i cant take the kittens if but if i can help in any other way please shout

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 11:59:09 AM »
Hi Bren

I live in Queensbury, Bradford and I know for a fact that Halifax and Bradford are over run with kittens at the moment.  There is a lovely lady called Sara at Howarth cat Rescue that usually makes places and has a waiting list but I know she is so full at the moment.

It is just so unfortunate that we can not help them all.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 10:45:28 AM »
There is a possibility that as they are £10, this might nor be the case. I would suggest that you offer to get her a spay voucher which is worth more that £20  :evillaugh:

Either she or you could contact CP or another rescue to take the kittens.

This woman should do all this herself but we know how lazy & thick some people are.

Worth a chat with her to suss the situation out?  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 09:30:02 AM »
Bren, do you have a local CPL shop? Get information on the free spaying vouchers and see if they're receptive to the idea of spaying if it doesn't cost them!

With regards to the kittens, sadly if you pay for them the woman will indeed see her cat as a money making machine. :(

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 08:38:30 AM »
Personally i would never advice anyone to buy kittens for this reason, as it makes the trade worse and the people invovled just move onto another batch and sell them on... and the next lot of kittens may have a even worse life.. its a circle.. If they want the mum spayed and the kittens rehomed fair enough. We sadly just cannot save them all...
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline bren

• Adult Cat
urgent kittens
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 00:14:30 AM »
Hi, I have seen two very young kittens who are being advertised in their owners window at £10 each I am willing to buy them in order to get them out of what looks to be a desperate and unsuitable situation, but am unable to keep them myself due to my health and current situation which involves  already haveing my 4 lovely furbabes, and unable to take on any more I am in Bradford is there anyone out there who could take tham or rehome them I feel the situation is really desperate for them. 

Link to CatChat