Author Topic: Cat allergies  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Cat allergies
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 20:11:38 PM »
Yep, I can vouch for Petalcleanse too. I'm allergic to cats and live with 11 of 'em! - I reckon I have built up an immunity, although I still do sneeze a bit, but nothing like I used to. Plus I work with cats too (grooming them) and I find other people's cats have me sneezing more so than mine. I use Petalcleanse on mine (when I remember to  ;) ) and I definitely notice I'm less sneezy when I've used it regularly on them. Makes their coats nice too!

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 18:49:33 PM »
I was allergic to cats when Jess first arrived, I've grown out of it but sometimes it does rear its ugly head. We have friends allergic to cats and we've used petal cleanse and its worked really well.

Oh and  :welcome: to purrs

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 13:06:06 PM »
Yep, the link to Bio-life is on the allergy thread   ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 12:52:57 PM »
I have heard good reports of Petalcleanse but have not tried it myself.

I hear of many allergy cases and so many have used Petal Cleanse and the problem has been redsolved. See:- http://www.bio-life.co.uk/
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 07:01:10 AM »
 :welcome: Sarahmarielane, glad you've joined us!

I don't know whether you've read about allergies in our health and behaviour section, here is the link:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4837.0.html

It also mentions Petal Cleanse which I use sometimes (I should use it more) and it does seem to help.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 04:30:46 AM »
It's the dander and saliva. I'm allergic to cats :shify: In the UK I would just take Piriton but it can make you drowsy. I'd rather suffer than get rid of the furries :shy:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 16:54:23 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Sarahmarielane: glad you found us and decided to join   ;D.

A friend of ours is - apparently - allergic to cats and she stayed in our home for ten days earlier this year to look after our Blip: she used medication to suppress her symptoms and was fine.  If it were me, I'd tell my family to do the same before they visited.  It's the dander that causes problems, I gather, so careful grooming of your kittens should ameliorate the symptoms in an occasional visitor.

I have heard good reports of Petalcleanse but have not tried it myself.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline sarahmarielane

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 14:36:37 PM »
Thanks for your prompt response  :):, i have just read the reviews on petal cleanse, looks a really good product... says it stops 90% of allergies  ;D

anyone tried this on the forum?? :sneaky:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 14:23:11 PM »
Hi and welcome.

If they visit I would probably suggest they dose up on allegy tablets before they come.

Obviously, hoovering and grooming to keep problem under control and I believe there is a product called petal cleanse which I am suresome people on here have tried.

Offline sarahmarielane

• Kitten
Cat allergies
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 14:20:41 PM »
Hi Cat lovers

I need some advice, i have just got two kittens and i love them dearly :Luv:, but my family came today to see them and found out my sister & mum are allergic, is there any products you would recommend to stop this allergy?.... otherwise they wont come to my house for years  :(

So if anyone is having trouble with families... get a cat  :rofl:

Look forward to your replies

Link to CatChat