Author Topic: Lactofree - cheaper version of cat milk?  (Read 5995 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Lactofree - cheaper version of cat milk?
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 21:51:15 PM »
I meant to buy some today but forgot  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 21:42:50 PM »
i dont drink that much milk though Mark. I might try this one if it isn't as sweet as the last one I tried though.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 10:23:01 AM »
I do love to wind him up and say that only Maryland type cookies are cookies and the others are biscuits. He will insist on calling Oreos cookies  :evillaugh:

He has given up calling crisps chips as I tease about that as well. You can tell he hates saying crisps though  :rofl:

Me - " And why would I put chips in the food cupboard"  :stir:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 10:26:14 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 10:09:18 AM »
 :evillaugh: he's such a yank!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 09:59:11 AM »
If you use it for yourself and the cats, it won't last long - we get through about 2 pints a day.  Dennis has to have his "Milk and cookies"  :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 08:42:31 AM »
This type isn't sweet at all. I think in cat milk they add sweetners to it to make it more appealing for cats, but this human version is much nicer I find. Seriously, it lasts forever in the fridge.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 08:21:13 AM »
I bought some Lactose free milk for the cats once, but then ran out of milk and opened it for me - it was very sweet, so that might be offputting for cats. The other prob is the size cartons, I wouldnt want them to be drinking that much cat milk.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 19:51:35 PM »
Tesco own makes lovely creamy porridge  :drool;

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 19:10:38 PM »
soya milk varies hugely in flavour.  When I was a vegan I used Sainsburys own brand soya milk or provamel unsweetened.  I once bought a different variety and it was so disgusting it went straight down the sink and I went without tea and coffee until I could get one of the ones I liked.  Don't write off soya milk in general on the basis of one brand.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 18:49:59 PM »
i admit i felt the same to start with because i alway thought goats cheese smelt revolting.
I enjoy it better than the soya alternative - I found soya left me with a horrid aftertaste in my mouth.

Have you tried rice milk? I think its nicer than soya

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 18:39:55 PM »
I don't know but it's on my nausea list  :sick:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 18:32:16 PM »
I bought some goats milk a while ago for the cats to try but they weren't interested  :tired:

I just couldn't bring myself to try it - the idea made me feel  :sick:

I buy delamere semi skimmed goats milk.  It's nice and doesn't have a strong smell or flavour.  I can't tell the difference between that and cow's milk tbh (but my taste buds are terribly discerning and I'm not a fan of any kind of milk really).  Why would the idea of goats milk make you feel sick??  As opposed to cow's milk?

Before I started buying goats milk I used to buy the lactofree.  Never gave it to the cats though as I've never given them milk (unless it's licking out a bowl of cereal, in which case they will lick anything - cow's, goat's.. even soya milk)

Offline Garfield&Gypsy

• Senior Cat
  • Garfield
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 18:05:50 PM »
i admit i felt the same to start with because i alway thought goats cheese smelt revolting.
I enjoy it better than the soya alternative - I found soya left me with a horrid aftertaste in my mouth.
Nicola, Chris, Garfield & Gypsy

I cannot deny that a cat lover and his cat have a master/slave relationship. The cat is the master.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 18:02:06 PM »
I bought some goats milk a while ago for the cats to try but they weren't interested  :tired:

I just couldn't bring myself to try it - the idea made me feel  :sick:

Offline Garfield&Gypsy

• Senior Cat
  • Garfield
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 17:57:53 PM »
I keep meaning to try this, I currently drink Goats milk which is also Lactose free (cats do get a little) but it does taste different to cows milk, I did love cows milk before o was diagnose i would drink pints of it!
Nicola, Chris, Garfield & Gypsy

I cannot deny that a cat lover and his cat have a master/slave relationship. The cat is the master.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 11:36:33 AM »
I buy this so does my sister. It's great for anyone with low lactose tolerance. It lasts ages in the fridge and Pippa will drink it now and again. Lexy won't but she doesn't like anything dairy apart from Dairylea.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Lactofree - cheaper version of cat milk?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:27:06 AM »
Anyone seen the ads?

I guess this is the same as catmilk?

I have stopped buying cat milk but may try this for myself - the have an elimination diet on their website.

www.lactofree.co.uk

Link to CatChat