Author Topic: ON my way home .....  (Read 1221 times)

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
Re: ON my way home .....
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 19:44:37 PM »
i saw another cat on my way to b&q this afternoon
this time i avoided eye contact and walked on  :shify: :shify:

i hate seeing cats on the street near the roads  >:(

if it was one of mine id be hysterical with fear n worry  :'(
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 19:08:48 PM »
I generally approach the cat (if it's friendly) give it a quick fuss and then say "bye, have a good day!" to it. Gets me some odd looks, but hey! ;D

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 14:34:35 PM »
has anyone else been in a simular situation ?

When I   was very young I always used to take cats home and say mum Ive found this. However since I have been older when I see a cat outside I never even make eye contact as I am frightened it will follow me.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 13:35:07 PM »
I always try to ignore a cat, look but dont touch, I wouldnt want it following me then getting lost.

Driving to a friends I saw something dead on the road, I didnt know what it was so went back round to do well I dont know it was obviously dead.  :( I pulled over beside it and moved it from the road, I knew it was dead but couldnt bear the thought of it getting run over any more. Went past the next day and someone had moved it. It was a seagull.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 12:39:13 PM »
If I see a cat while I'm walking along a road, I try to ignore it. You can't really tell with cats whether they belong to someone and I don't want to encourage it to stray from home. I do wish owners would try to prevent their cats from going onto the street, though I realise this isn't always possible.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
ON my way home .....
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 12:34:55 PM »
on my way home from my mums last night i saw a beautiful white n tabby cat sitting at the side of the road ,i called him over and he was so friendly ,he couldnt stop purring :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

anyway after about 15mins of stroking  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

oh was getting very inpatient and said " u have 7 cats of ya own to stroke can we go now or what "  :rofl:

as i walked away the cat kept following me , i didnt know what to do as i was near a main road so i knew i couldnt continue walking as i didnt want him to go any where near the main road

anyway it took about half an hour of me thinking what i could do to distract him so i could get away

so in the end the only thing i could think of was to call my mum (as the cat was on the end of her road )
and she put out a handful of dry food on the pavement to distract the cat away from me and the road ,

he wasnt lost or anything and obviously he was being well looked after as he was nice and clean with shiny coat he had a collar on etc ,

has anyone else been in a simular situation ?

next time i see a cat im not going to call it or stroke it as theres no way i could live with myself if a cat followed me and went near a main road .
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Link to CatChat