Author Topic: Jess went out in his harness  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Re: Jess went out in his harness
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 16:02:53 PM »
Swamp had a harness as a kitten and used to purr at the very sight of it.  We attached it to one of those extender leads and he got really fit as a result - he had amazing muscle tone lol. However, left him unattended just once for 5 mins and he got over next door's high fence and was dangling in mid air.....he was ok as it was attached to his tum ( didn't know whether to laugh or cry) - don't leave the harness attached to the neck area just in case your's is as mad as he was!

Luckily the attchement bit is more on the back, a couple of times though he tried to bolt in because of the noises and as I had the lead he really pulled on me, he got better though, I won't leave him unattended (we have a low fence on one side, our neighbours loved him though when they met him) I follow him around with the lead, he seems happy about that though.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 15:35:48 PM »
Swamp had a harness as a kitten and used to purr at the very sight of it.  We attached it to one of those extender leads and he got really fit as a result - he had amazing muscle tone lol. However, left him unattended just once for 5 mins and he got over next door's high fence and was dangling in mid air.....he was ok as it was attached to his tum ( didn't know whether to laugh or cry) - don't leave the harness attached to the neck area just in case your's is as mad as he was!

Offline Lisa

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 15:09:01 PM »
Awww thats lovely! there is nothing my 2 girls like more than sitting outside sunning themselves. they look at me all peeved if its raining  :rofl: :rofl: I'm very lucky that they only go in the garden and dont wander off though, i dont think i could cope with that!

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 12:22:07 PM »
awwww im pleased he enjoyed it ,i bet he wants to keep going for walkies in the garden now doesnt he  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

He only seems to want to go out when we are out there, so thats a good thing I don't want him to go alone!

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 11:42:58 AM »
awwww im pleased he enjoyed it ,i bet he wants to keep going for walkies in the garden now doesnt he  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
Jess went out in his harness
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 11:30:45 AM »
We've been trying Jess in his harness for a few days to get used to it before seeing if he wanted to go out, well at the weekend we had our first trip round the garden, he was very scared to start with and I wondered whether we had done the right thing, but after a while he got used to the grass and the noises, he must have enjoyed himself as saturday evening he slept for 10 hours solid  :Crazy:

Sunday morning Hubby and I had breakfast outside and left him indoors and he was meowing so we harnessed him up and he sat on the table with us just enjoying the sunshine.

I was worried we would have created a monster and he would want to go out all the time but he doesn't, he likes being with us so its good that he can come out when we are in the garden.

Link to CatChat