Author Topic: Someone else feeding my cats  (Read 1479 times)

Offline shinney

• Adult Cat
Re: Someone else feeding my cats
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 09:28:51 AM »
I had the same problem, with some one feeding one of my cats, I put a collar on her and wrote on it in marker pen. Needs Medication daily - Do not feed. (bright yellow collar with black marker pen, couldnt miss it)

It worked, she stopped feeding her althought they did ask if they could heve some tablets to keep at there house, in case she was there.  :Crazy:

Told them shes on injections.

I would advise to give the collar ago. worth a try.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 21:39:42 PM »
Maybe they ARE hunting, tho they never bring me any presents!  >:( 

Be grateful! In the last two weeks we have had the infamous "mouse" of the "to catch a mouse" thread (turned out to be a baby rat!) and a baby bluetit! Both alive, I might add!! Same cat too (I have four)....he must REALLY love me. :evillaugh:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 19:10:58 PM »
Its been warmer so they may not be eating as much.
They may be hunting for food.

Having said all that, put a note on their collars saying 'on meds - please do not feed' or 'allergies - do not feed'.
Thanks Angie ... I didn't realise they ate less in warmer weather?  Especially as they are out n about so much now!  Maybe they ARE hunting, tho they never bring me any presents!  >:(  After all I do for them!  The note idea is a good one, and if my suspicions get stronger I'll try that, thanks :)  They've just come in now (it started to rain) but they've hardly eaten anything :(  Maybe they are full of mouse.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 19:02:33 PM »
Its been warmer so they may not be eating as much.
They may be hunting for food.

Having said all that, put a note on their collars saying 'on meds - please do not feed' or 'allergies - do not feed'.

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
Someone else feeding my cats
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 18:57:35 PM »
 >:( >:( >:(

I am positive somebody else is feeding my babes.  Normally they come when they are called, but lately they've not been responding.  Add to that the fact that several times lately I've come home to find their food dishes full (even tho they ate all of the same the night before) and if they DO put in an appearance they are in no way hungry, but obviously well and full of beans.  I have no idea who might be taking my cats in - there's about 20 houses in the neighbourhood.  I don't even know WHAT they are being fed!

Anyone got any idea how I can deal with this?  It's really upsetting me as I rarely have my babes for company now and getting them in is becoming almost impossible.  It's not easy to go traipsing round the neighbourhood as the places they go are all back gardens and allotments with fences between them.

Please help!

Link to CatChat