Author Topic: Tesco cat food  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Tesco cat food
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 12:23:32 PM »
Most of the dual flavours whiskas etc (eg chicken and turkey, tuna and salmon) have 8% meat as they have 4% of each.

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 09:24:56 AM »
The tescos own biscuits are fine a lot cheeper too, they cost under 50p. I used to buy them for a stray I was feeding, he didnt like the tescos own food though and my cats think they are too good to eat it, lol.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 08:25:03 AM »
Tesco have started selling 800 gram cans that are "prechunked" (in jelly) - only one flavour at the moment but its only 66p a can
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 08:14:56 AM »
Tht is the second 'own brand' this weekend that has had higher than the Whiskas etc!! Their dry food can be better, I think it depends which range you look at.
Please spay your cat

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
Tesco cat food
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 22:30:52 PM »
I was examining the labels of my tins of cat food - I've started mixing and matching different brands and flavours as my lot get bored with the same brand all the time.  It was Whiskas, but they've gone off that for the time being and I'm giving them Felix and also Tesco's own.  When I compared the ingredients I was really surprised to read that Whiskas and Felix have only 4% meat in, but that Tesco has 8%!!!  Still pitifully low, but twice as good as the branded stuff!  It's also 'complete' - the only downside being that it's not 'pre-chunked' so you have to cut it up for them.  It's cheaper than the branded stuff too, so a bargain to boot!  Might compare the Tesco dry food as well, you never know ...

Link to CatChat