Author Topic: Bought a Panic Mouse today  (Read 2761 times)

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
Re: Bought a Panic Mouse today
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 12:42:41 PM »
Hi Mark,

I don't want appear alarmist but I think a slight word of caution is called for. I wouldn't let my lot play with Panic Mouse un-attended. Alfie got the string wrapped around his neck all twisted up whilst playing, it acted like one of those bolas things and the momentum caused it to wrap around several times and become twisted. I noticed straight away but I guess there's a potential for danger there so I'd advise that you don't leave it un-attended, it's perfectly fine if you keep an eye on things though and gives the boys lots of fun playing with it but, IMO, must be treated like other cat toys with string/ribbon etc..

Best Regards

Leigh
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 12:52:54 PM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 12:07:13 PM »
I wish I'd bought the 360 version now - they don't sell it in PAH but kylie was playing when I went to bed so I had to turn it off. The 360 has a timer so you can set it to stay on for x number of hours
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 11:25:20 AM »
Hiya,

Frankie and Alfie go potty with Panic Mouse, I think that it's their favourite all-time toy. It is strange how different cats can be when it comes to toys, what gives hours of enjoyment to one cat is not worth more than a sniff by another, still that's what makes them the interesting individuals that they are :)

Cheers

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 10:58:50 AM »
Just a warning for those with panic mice / kitty-go-crazys.

Check the black fluffy pompoms regularly, the ribbon on one of ours started to get threadbare without us seeing and I found our daftest cat with it dangling from her mouth on one long thin thread ( she pulls them off and hides them ). She could have swallowed it ( the thread ), I'm so glad we were in the house at the time.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 11:03:11 AM by J (Indoorcatsuk) »
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 10:34:43 AM »
Sasa adores panic mice but she has broken two in 3 months!!

Its her fav toy and will lie and watch it for ages but she destroys the balls, pulls the tails off the balls, lies on ball so it breaks the teeth on the plastic cog inside and now she has succeeded in pulling the metal block off the wand on both mice grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I never think twice about returning things that go wrong - it should be "fit for the purpose" - I'm sure kylie will give it a run for it's money.  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 08:07:42 AM »
Reading this, you would think that there could be loads more toys for £20. I a remote control mouse, the £7.99 at PAH. I could have bouth 3 feather boas on rods for that and she rips those to pieces... it does require my intervention though. Oh and the big box her tree came in.. that apparently is much more fun than the tree itself.
I have one of those mouseys! they love it (and so do I.. lol  ;D ) I think I would spend £20 on a few other toys rather than buy the one just because I would be afraid they wouldnt like it and it would just lie there!

Estella... well Estella would play with anything. I threw her a piece of kitty grass earlier and she killed it and devoured it for an hour.  :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 20:54:11 PM »
Thas ma job!!!

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 20:51:08 PM »
Whats that i can do hun the intelli moose or the moose track round the garden  :) 

moose track!! i think its poss. Some clear tubing from B&Q. mastick to seal the edges and easily opened so you can remove the moose and change batteries. :rofl:

Hmmm now you done it aintcha. I gotta now convince Chappie that the garden will look better with that in it!!!  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 20:35:40 PM »
Reading this, you would think that there could be loads more toys for £20. I a remote control mouse, the £7.99 at PAH. I could have bouth 3 feather boas on rods for that and she rips those to pieces... it does require my intervention though. Oh and the big box her tree came in.. that apparently is much more fun than the tree itself.

Estella... well Estella would play with anything. I threw her a piece of kitty grass earlier and she killed it and devoured it for an hour.  :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 20:31:25 PM »
I wouldnt worry Sasa pulls it over all the time, so it doesnt work   :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 20:25:19 PM »

Its her fav toy and will lie and watch it for ages but she destroys the balls, pulls the tails off the balls, lies on ball so it breaks the teeth on the plastic cog inside and now she has succeeded in pulling the metal block off the wand on both mice grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The spare attachments are a ripoff - I will try to make my own  >:(

I can't work outhow to fix the stabiliser to the bottom, anyone know - I took off the silver screws as per instructions but they don't line up with the holes in the bar  :Crazy: Then it took me ages to put them back  :Crazy: :Crazy: - it hasn't fallen over yet

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 20:21:33 PM »
Whats that i can do hun the intelli moose or the moose track round the garden  :) 

moose track!! i think its poss. Some clear tubing from B&Q. mastick to seal the edges and easily opened so you can remove the moose and change batteries. :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 20:14:18 PM »

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 20:13:53 PM »

Offline Amy

• Adult Cat
  • Minty & Toffee
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 20:06:12 PM »
I bought one, and Toffee went mad for it swatting and stalking..
However when he was playing the string wrapped around his neck  :( It was a good job i was there as he panicked...

Tan- that sounds like great fun I'd definitely be interested!!!  :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 19:31:19 PM »
Why Tan you can make that!!

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 19:27:03 PM »
Ha ha fink its one of those things they love or don't. Rio had no time for it wat so ever, Ochi lad used to love it, Gizzy finks "how silly" and broke it  :innocent:

I even when as far as getting an electronic gerbil that goes off on his own around the room..... it was so big it scared the living daylights out of me lads so that ended up going to a new home in the auctions.

Now what i would love to see is an intelligent electronic little mouse that makes his own way around and squeaks or i would like some sort of mouse scale-electric i can set up in a squre clear tubbing going all round the garden on remote control    ;D hee hee that would be fun for all  :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 19:11:47 PM »
 :rofl: you see I saw one of these and I know Lexy is not fond of mechanical things, she rather prefers the things she can stab, like Teresa's finger!  :rofl:

So I gave it a skip!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Bought a Panic Mouse today
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 19:09:54 PM »
£19.99 in PAH (cheaper than ebay!)

I tried willow 1st and she was only interested in the box  :tired:

Clapton was scared and spat at it  :Crazy:

Kylie is playing with it in the garden right now. She seems more interested if I hold it - which sort of defeats the object  :rofl:

Link to CatChat