Author Topic: when will she bring them down stairs  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: when will she bring them down stairs
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 20:39:29 PM »
I would get 2 or 3 trays for them.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 20:35:55 PM »
Good luck in getting them trained - they need to be kept in a smallish size area until they are using the tray, as tiny kittens can't always get there in time, like small children, they are prone to accidents. I wouldnt' allow them unlimited access to the house, there are too many danger areas to kittens, and they can get into all sorts of places (although admittedly so can adults)
Please spay your cat

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 16:29:40 PM »

Guidance note: Iv never bounced a kitten and no animals were harmed in the making of this post  :rofl:

:) :)

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 16:02:20 PM »
Deffo get a seperate tray for them (or your other cats may get issues lol) It should be shallow so they can get in easily. Wilko sell them for about 79p!
I would continue to keep them in one room until fully trained, once in the habit of random pooing its hard to break! Its also easier to know where they are, at 5 weeks its so easy for them to get stuck somewhere.
Some kind of barrier at the top of the stairs would be wise aswell as although kittens are quite bouncy a tumble of that height could really do damage  :(

Guidance note: Iv never bounced a kitten and no animals were harmed in the making of this post  :rofl:

Offline helly

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 20:02:02 PM »
yeah she is booked in for the 7 th may dont worry she aint allowed out, do you think it will be best to put the litter tray up stairs for them only ones is eating at the moment but is pooing like mad i just thought they would be down stairs by now with the others

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 18:39:59 PM »
Argh! You really need to litter train them or as adults they will be dirty butter!
If they are that bad then getting a dog cage for them to live in will teach them to use a tray and respect their living quarters. Use a clay litter.

Please make sure mum doesnt get out as they can get pregnant again whilst nursing a litter!
Will you be getting mum spayed when her milk has dried up?

Offline helly

• Kitten
when will she bring them down stairs
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 16:01:15 PM »
muffin is driving me wild her babies are 5 weeks on sunday and are eating a little bit of food which means there going to the litter tray atm there in my brothers bedroom as mine hasnt got a door on it and the kept escaping and hiding in all the clutter, but there pooing every where and making a right mess my friend said that she will bring them down when she is ready but they kept trying to make a run for it down stairs i dont know whats going to be best  :-:

Link to CatChat