Author Topic: What a good day i've had today!!!!  (Read 1574 times)

Offline shecat

• Senior Cat
  • Tilly Ollie and Loki
Re: What a good day i've had today!!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 10:59:03 AM »
Good luck as well,

My children were both both brought up with cats and dogs, in fact we had our cat before the children.  So they were taught from an early age to be gentle, love and respect animals and were never left alone with pets. Children with the best will in the world can be a bit rough sometimes so just supervise them.   Hope the daughter agrees to let you have him  :luck:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 09:34:10 AM »
I hope the daughter agrees, it sounds like he will have more love with you, i always find it sad when people get a new pet and get bored of the old one  :(
Im sure Lauren will learn the right way to act around a cat, supervising her with him is the best thing you can do. Sensible parenting seems in short supply these days, so often a cat is left with us because it scratched the kid and it turns out the cat was being handled inappropiately  :innocent:

Fingers crossed you get him  :luck:

Offline emzbubble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 21:43:30 PM »
Yes the owner has two children of her own that the cat has been around for over a year, never lashed out at them or the dog when it joined there household. (the cat was there first lol)

I three agree, lol, thanks, its made me feel more confident. When we went and viewed a previously kitty, my little boy who's four was so lovling and gentle, i was soooo pleased. He is use to being gentle as we taught him that gentle feeling when we had our baby girl Lauren. Lauren doesn't really know much about animals as only 8 months, she can't crawl yet so can get her use to stroking the cat when myself or hubby are present to get her use to knowing you have to be gentle, can't think of more i can do?????? Any tips would be greatly welcome lol

I think your right Millys Mum, it prob is a tabby! lol, will see a photo tomorrow if her daughter agrees lol Either is fine and gorgeous to me lol

I'm still sooooooo excited!!!!!!! lol

xxxx

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 21:23:44 PM »
Thats great! I believe the age of children isnt as important as to how they behave around an animal  :)

I agree with u there
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 20:26:46 PM »
Thats great! I believe the age of children isnt as important as to how they behave around an animal  :)

I think you may find its a male tabby, its amazing how many people get these 2 colours mixed up! Male torties are rather rare!
For allergies theres a product called Petal Cleanse which really helps, and a good hoover like a Dyson   :)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 20:14:31 PM »
Hi Ems

That was a nice suprize for you with the vouchers  ;D ;D

No kids here so i'm sure others can help ya there. Is he used to being with the kids he is with now?
 :Luv:

Offline emzbubble

• Adult Cat
What a good day i've had today!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 18:46:24 PM »
Evening All,

Hope you all had a good day!!! I rushed on here as so excited and needed to tell someone! I have had a really good day, i went into work this morning and realised i had won a dinner for four!It comes in the form of £120 of vouchers!

Then....

Someone at work has offered me her cat! She said that the cat doesn't get much attention now they have a dog and were discussing giving the cat away. She is discussing with her daughter tonight to check its ok by her too so fingers crossed for me tomorrow when i find out if i can have her! I'm really excited, its a male, neutred, 2 years old, tortoise shell. She also said if my allergy became worse for some reason when actually having a cat she would take it back tho she said she had runny nose at first and built up imunity to it. The cat (Gismo!!!)Apprently Really laidback what with coming second to the dog and that. lol, she seems to think the cat will be fine with my kiddies too as that was my only concern as her kiddies are alittle older than mine. Might take my toddler with me when i meet the cat. Do you think the cat will be ok????????????? Has anyone else got a cat with children? Jeez i'm all worrying now lol. :-:
I'm soooooo excited tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Ems xxxx
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 18:48:17 PM by emzbubble »

Link to CatChat