Author Topic: Mogs has her dental today  (Read 2648 times)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Re: Mogs has her dental today
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 09:55:47 AM »
Ive phoned the vets and they say if shes not eating or drinking by 2 Im to phone again and maybe take her down. Im just cooking some coley now in the hope that it'll tempt her.
love
Tab

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 09:40:42 AM »
One of mine hated her brother for 48hrs after he had an overnight stay, all he wanted was a cuddle and kept being hissed at!

Id set Mog up in the bedroom with all neccessary bits n bobs and spend some time with her, its more important at this stage that she settles and eats something.
Have you any chicken you could cook? Handfeeding & talking to her would probably help her chill out.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 09:12:27 AM »
It was a VERY long night!!! Im totally exhausted  Amber woke me up around 12 growling in the bedroom, Mogs came out to see what was up and Amber went for her so I separated them and shut Amber in the back bedroom. She then howled until 2am when Id had enough and let her out. At 4am I got woken by them fighting at the side of the bed so I guess Amber had come back in the room and Mogs had gone to see her and regretted it. I shut Amber out of the bedroom and me and Mogs in but again she howled until 5. At that point I gave up and just left the door open and got some sleep until Amber woke me by walking on me at 7.
Mogs came out from under the bed to say hello and Amber went for her again. Now Mogs hasnt come out again, hasnt had a drink or food or used the tray which is a worry. I havent seen her walk so I dont know if shes steady or not. She shut in the bedroom again whilst Ambers got the rest of the flat and Amber wont leave me alone whilst Mogs is scared to come out.
I really hope things get better today or Mogs will be back at the vets because shes not drunk anything 
Ive tried rubbing Mogs with the blanket I put on the bed during the day then rubbing Amber and she hissed at me. I put the carrier in the front room with Amber at 4am in the hope that she would get the smell of the old Mogs and the new Mogs but that hasnt worked either.
Not sure what to do now its like trying to introduce a new cat when both cats think they have the right to be there.  :( :(
love
Tab

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 20:31:47 PM »
Im glad Mogs came through ok, if you get a used blanket and wipe it over mogs to transfer a known smell onto her, it should help Amber settle down.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 19:28:52 PM »
Am pleased that things went well, although i would be complaining at my cat coming home wobbly. Fingers crossed that they both settle down quite soon.
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 19:13:30 PM »
Pleased it all went well for mogs too, looks like they both upset the tooth fairies today with no teeth to leave out   :evillaugh:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 17:26:36 PM »
She probably smells different from being at the vets today.  Not sure what to suggest, but the Feliway should hopefully help. 

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 17:22:08 PM »
Mogs has just come out and Amber went for her big style  >:( Lots of screeching and yowling, hissing and growling and Mogs has run back in the bedroom. What do I do try and separate them or let them get on with it??

Ive sprayed the whole flat with feliway to see if that helps
love
Tab

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 17:01:06 PM »
Glad she's ok, and hope that normal service is resumed in your house shortly.

Enjoy the wine, I reckon you deserve it, maybe even have 2 large glasses, its been a stressful day after all  :)

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 16:53:01 PM »
awwww glad she is ok  :hug:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 16:45:33 PM »
Mogs is home     

She hasnt had any teeth out just a scale and polish which is great and is now home and under the bed.

Shes very wobbly still from the anaesthetic and came in. I let her out of the box in the hall so she could decide if she wanted the bedroom or front room. She staggered to the front room where Amber hissed at her and attacked her!! So Ambers now in disgrace and Mogs is in hiding and Im trying to keep them separate until Mogs recovers enough to thump Amber.  :evillaugh:

Think a Large glass of wine might be needed this evening
Thanks for all the positive vibes they worked wonders
love
Tab

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 10:36:54 AM »
fingers crossed all will be fine tab, i didnt realise you were in the same boat as me today..there are a few members with beasties going in for ga's today so positive vibes for us all :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 10:20:37 AM »
I'm sure she'll be fine - lots of positive vibes coming her way  :hug:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 10:06:09 AM »
Well Mogs has now been dropped off so Im back home waiting for phone calls. They will phone this morning to say if shes ok to have the op then I have to phone this afternoon to see when I can collect her.
Thing is Amber's scared of me now as I went out with Mogs and came back without her. Amber took one look at me and disappeared under the bed.......sadly thats where I needed to go as well to get some stuff out so now shes convinced shes next   :evillaugh:
Thanks for your good wishes I'll keep you informed
love
Tab

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 09:46:51 AM »
lots of positive vibes coming yours and mogs's way xx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 08:17:13 AM »
Lots of positive vibes!  :Luv:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 08:16:48 AM »
Fingers crossed for her Tab, I am sure everything will go fine.
Please spay your cat

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Mogs has her dental today
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 08:13:57 AM »
and Im a little worried to say the least. Any positive vibes you can spare would be greatly appreciated.
Shes already grumpy with me as she's had no supper and no breakfast. I also had to grab her this morning to give her the blood pressure tablet as she cant have a treat after it. Ambers also rather grumpy as she missed supper and hasnt had any breakfast as I have no where to feed one without the other knowing about it and felt it would be more cruel to feed Amber whilst Mogs is here than to wait until Mogs is in the carrier and then feed her. Or of course the back up plan if Mogs wont be caught for the carrier is to start feeding Amber and then grab Mogs when she comes for food but Id rather not do that as it seems really cruel even if neccessary  :evillaugh:
Think I'll be wishing the day away today......roll on this afternoon when I hopefully hear how things went.
Could do with a nail biting thingy but these'll do  :waiting:  :sigh:  ;)
Thanks
love
Tab

Link to CatChat