Author Topic: General question?  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: General question?
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 17:59:20 PM »
I only take the tips off my lot, just so i dont get red raw when they paddle on my lap!

I prefer the small type of clippers, easier to hold i find, like these http://www.zooplus.com/shop/birds/other_bird_supplies/care/claws/13361 (the .co.uk site isnt working at mo)

With old cats (the not so mobile ones!) its important to clip the claws as they can double up and get very thick.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 12:43:32 PM »
Checkout the pinned video in cat health and behaviour. I wouldn't trim them as close as in the vid.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 09:28:42 AM »
You could get your vet to show you the first time - they can charge around £8 for that though, or someone posted a link to a site that showed you pics recently, maybe do a search? Also, if the vet shows you first, they clip incredibly far back, I never take as much off my cats claws as the vets do (although maybe they wouldnt' need to be done as often then!!)
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 07:26:15 AM »
Hello all   does anyone know the best way to clip a cats claws?

The best thing to do would be to get your vet  to show you the first time.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline siou2

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Taz, Marvin, Monty, Merlin & DS RIP Tasha & Baldrick
General question?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 00:57:20 AM »
Hello all  ;D does anyone know the best way to clip a cats claws?  Tasha has a set that Freddy Krueger would be proud of.  As I have never attempted this before & to be honest I think I will need a welding mask & gloves  :rofl: any advice?  Or would it be wiser just to let the vet do it?  (they will have better access to anticeptics, plasters, ambulances etc than I do) he he

Link to CatChat