Author Topic: feeling a bit sad tonight...........  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: feeling a bit sad tonight...........
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 07:42:50 AM »
Fingers crossed it doesn't disrupt the balance too much Sue - and you never know, he might not be with you for that long, esp when you get round to advertising him.
Please spay your cat

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 22:41:07 PM »
I know what you mean Des about not wanting to upset the permanent residents - Bobby and Buffy have only recently settled properly with each other, and the household is currently a happy one, so I'm a bit hesitant to upset them balance. However I've a feeling Boysie may be with us for some time (I'm not keeping him, can't afford any more!) so I feel bad for him being shut in here, while he could be out in the cat run in the sun with the rest. I know my two (esp buffy) won't look at it that way though! It's so much easier with foster dogs! I'm going to take it slow though with them, and we;ll just see what happens. They've been in and met him while he's been caged, and he's shown no signs of aggression at all, not even a hiss! I need to get my backside in gear and get him 'advertised' but time keeps running away with me..........

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 07:44:42 AM »
I can't blame you for that!! Thanks, me too. Fingers crossed you do find him somewhere - was only asking with you saying you wanted him in with the rest of the house, I only fully integrate long termers here, the rest just get a few hours out in the evening, I dont think it is fair on my cats for all the short termers to be integrated - plus my two have outdoor access, and can't take that away from them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 22:21:46 PM »
My lot are due for defleaing but Buffy is so sensitive at the minute I can't bring myself to put her through that stress! I've just been looking at your thread on Tiger I hope you manage to find out what the problem is. Boysie the foster will be here indefinitely, til he's homed, so could well be long term but he's just young so I'm hoping I can find him somewhere.........

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 22:01:56 PM »
Poor Buffy - I flea sprayed one of my fosters on the windowsill in the cat room earlier, and she avoided it for quite a while!! Is this a long term foster cat? Aye, things aren't too bad here thanks
Please spay your cat

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 21:55:07 PM »
Yes Des, you always know there's one missing! In a way though it's niceto give mine a little break, but there'll be another one along soon so we'll start all over again! I need to get the foster cat in with the rest of the house, but Buffy is being a bit odd after her dental on Thurs - she won't come into the kitchen for her meals as normal, but if I take food out into the run for her she'll eat it. I was concerned her mouth was too sore to eat, but it doesn't seem so. Unfortunately the only way I could get her in the cat basket to take her to the vets was by getting her at the food bowls, so I think she's just a bit sensitive about the kitchen, hopefully it will wear off soon. They're a right worry aren't they?! At least she still comes up to bed with us all at night so I think she's just a bit huffed. I don't think huffing her with a new cat is fair right now, so Boysie will have to stay in the spare room a bit longer. Hoping to post his details later this week. Hope all's well with you and your lot!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 22:02:42 PM »
Aww, sounds like she has gone to a good home then Sue. It is odd how it doesnt' matter how many animals you have in the house, it always feels strange when one goes - and I suppose it is worse with dogs cos of the walking.
Please spay your cat

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 18:20:15 PM »
Well, the old lady went this afternoon. The people were really nice and they'll love her to bits. She's left a strange space though, it doesn't get any easier but you've got to carry on, and at least it's a happy ending for her, it's not like losing one to the bridge. I feel like I've got an arm spare on dog walks! We've had a lovely long walk this afternoon though, we've not been able to go as far while we've had the oldie. We've got a two week break then the next one will arrive! Gives me time to try and get the foster cat integrated.....it's much easier to amalgamate a new dog! The new home will be sending photos of course, but I know she'll be fine once she gets over the initial 'what's happening' thing. She's got another dog and cats in her new home so she'll have company like she's had here. Aw bless.

Thanks for the support folks, much appreciated

x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 09:23:11 AM »
Aww, Sue - bet you didn't think she would find a home so soon at her age, did you? I always tell my fosters when they are going to a new home - most of them just try and get out of my arms admittedly, but it doesnt stop me!! Just think that it wont be long till the next needy one though.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 07:32:30 AM »
It is always hard and I know exactly how you feel, it never gets any easier does it? However, as you know yourself there will be another little needy soul just round the corner waiting for a valued space. 
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 23:50:10 PM »
It's not easy, but it's worth it for the animals, especially the oldies, means they don't have to face kennels at that time of their lives. And when you get updates of them being happy in new homes it's all good really, just the attachment thing is tricky when they leave! However, it's something I know many of us feel compelled to do, even with the heartache that comes with it, and there's always a million more that need the space and the help. I completely understand those who feel they can't do it though, but everyone helps in their own ways and that's what matters.

Thanks again. I knew I could count on you lot - have been missing the forum, been without net access for a while now, I'm glad to be back!

Night all. I'm off for the pile on on the floor!

x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 23:36:48 PM »
Must be hard, I could never foster  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 23:35:55 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: hun. Your an angel for helping and caring for her. Ity must be hard when you get close then they have to leave.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 23:24:55 PM »
Thanks for the hugs guys. Needed those. And cos the old girl can't make it up the stairs, I think tonight will be spent on the living room floor on a mattress so we can all pile on and have last cuddles! ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 23:14:48 PM »
 :grouphug:

Well done to you, Schmew! Because of your care, your foster will be able to understand not all humans are baddies and have a lovely life with a new family. :) It must be really hard to let go, though. I'm not sure I'd be able to, I'm such a wimp!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 23:12:13 PM »
Awwww, Schmew  :hug: I know just how you're feeling, I always get the wibblies when a foster leaves me - you've clearly done a great job with the pup though, and like you said, it's pretty much in the job description. Here's hoping that it all eases soon enough   :Luv:
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
feeling a bit sad tonight...........
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 22:58:32 PM »
Hi all,

being a bit wimpy! My foster dog is going to her new home tomorrow. She's been with us 11 weeks. I know it's never easy, and I know she'll be happy and loved in her new home, but she's settled here so well I feel like she's always lived here! She's been a little babe and even my timid cat Buffy loves her. she rubs round her and kisses her. I know they reattach themselves to new owners, and she'll be fine, but I'm dreading the bit where I have to shut her in their car and let them drive away. Her first owners abandoned her after 12 years and I feel like she'll feel I'm abandoning her now. Thankfully she's blissfully unaware that anything unusual is going to happen tomorrow, but I wish I could explain it to her so she'll know she'll be ok when they take her. I'm really happy that she's going to have a lovely new home for the rest of her days, and I know it means I can help another poor soul but it's just so hard!

Really needed to get that off my chest!

On a cat note - a new foster cat joined us last week, he's a little darling, and I will be posting details soon and photos, but if in the meantime anyone knows of anyone looking for a loving FIV cat please give me a shout.

Fanks

xxx

Link to CatChat