Author Topic: what should i do  (Read 2074 times)

Offline clare W

• Kitten
Re: what should i do
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 03:40:49 AM »
I think he is a lucky cat to have you look after him.  No life is perfect and hes been with you a while now to re home again would be distressing for him.  I think you should  carry on loving him like you are, and eventually things will settle down.  what a terrible life being locked in a cage some people are awful.  dont worry about the biting hes bound to be a bit odd with the previous life he has had!
best wishes and good luck clare

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 18:00:09 PM »
I wouldnt give him back to RSPCA at that age, he was lucky he was rehomed once!

I hope you can find a way of him being happy but has someone else said, he prob is much happier than before and even though the younger cats disturb him from time to time, he may not be unhappy at all.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 17:54:22 PM »
If you homed him from the RSPCA you will probably have signed agreeing not to rehome him? If one of our homings doesnt work out they must come back to us and most rescues work that way now.

Have you tried Feliway diffusers? They can really help.

As your house is open plan is it possible to make him a quiet corner?

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 10:06:40 AM »
I can't offer any advice about Eric but it sounds as if he has a much better quality of life now than before. Bless his heart.

I quite agree with u there

i have a 9yr old rescue cat whos a bit like that
she much prefers her own space and own company , i often catch a few of my other cats winding her up on purpose they will go and tap her on her bk then run off  :sneaky:

her previous home she was locked in one room on her own from 6mths old till i got her 2yrs ago this summer , although i was told she lived with another cat for a few months she doesnt really like any of mine very much ,
but at least here with us she is never locked away anywhere she always has human company and the company of other cats ,shes allowed to do wat she wants and go where she wants in our home , her two favourite pass times is sleeping and eating though  :Luv:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 10:08:21 AM by forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa) »
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline @Cat

• Kitten
  • Nose, @, Iris
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 08:29:41 AM »
I can't offer any advice about Eric but it sounds as if he has a much better quality of life now than before. Bless his heart.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 08:23:44 AM »
i just want peoples views how i can make him happier or if i am being cruel in keeping him

To be honest I think you have answered you own question with your comment
I think sometimes " u would be better off with a elderly

It was nice of you to offer him a home, but perhaps in view of his previous solitude, a home where he is the only pet may be in his interest
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 08:36:22 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline tan160581

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 21:57:43 PM »
Unfortuately not i live in a 1 bedroom house the only door i have is a swing door to the bathroom everything else is open plan

as i say he is well looked after and loved and spolit rotten but he just looks unhappy they really atanginize him, jump on him when his asleep, chase him up the stairs and just annoy him basically

i think sometimes " u would be better off with a elderly couple or a young couple with no kids/animals so he would get piece and quiet and 245/7 attention"

The lady at the rspca said she thought he would be ok i explained i had young cats but she thought he would be ok

i wont take him back to the rspca, or put him in the paper i just want peoples views how i can make him happier or if i am being cruel in keeping him

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 21:55:13 PM »
Thats what I ended up doing with Willow and she is a lot happier for it. Occasionally kylie wanders up there but Willow has her own space most of the time. She is a new cat for it. We tried for 3 years and she was permanently stressed and the problem virtually disappeared overnight.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 21:49:09 PM »
Is it not possible for him to just to have a room upstairs of "his own" and let him chill out without the interruption of the youngsters.  I don't mean lock him in but just make sure he has his own area.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 20:54:36 PM »
Tricky one Tan, as 14 yo's are very hard to find homes for. Overweight cats can snap for no reason, they poss feel grumpy, and if he is a laid back quiet oldie with youngsters, he might do it more. Good luck.
Please spay your cat

Offline tan160581

• Adult Cat
what should i do
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 20:26:02 PM »
I adopted a ginger fat cat last yr i have had him for 8 months he is 14yrs old sleeps all day and comes out around corrie time for cuddles and food
He is fat because his last owner kept him in a cage all his life as she was afraid she would trip over him and she gave him up to the rspca as her back was to fragile to kneel down to the cage and feed him :scared:

Anyway my question he he is quite tempermental sometimes he will bite me for no reason,and other times he will be very lovable he has been vet checked and is fine

The thing is i dont think he is happy here, my other 3 cats are all under 2 yrs old and run around the place like loonies and annoy Eric so his always growling and looking miserable ( he just looks miserable ) i think he should be a only cat having 24/7 attention and cuddles

i dont want to rehome him, so what is everyones advice, how can i make eric happier or would it be cruel to be kind to find him a home where his happier

I treat him well he has nice food and a lovely warm house and piece and quiet apart from my 3 other cats terrising him

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat