Author Topic: A happy story  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: A happy story
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 07:29:43 AM »
Nice one Pete.  It's good to have a happy ending.

My stepdaughter took her cat with her when they moved to Spain to live.  I loved her more than ever for that - there was no way she said she'd leave him behind.

Three cheers for the Burns Kittens, bless em.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 22:13:16 PM »
Great story Pete. Nice to hear a good ending for a change. They all deserve the best after the terrible start they had. Choked  :'(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 21:54:47 PM »
What a wonderful story, thanks for sharing.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 14:24:08 PM »
Beanie, thank you so much for sharing this story. It's so nice to hear of a cat being treated as a member of the family when people emigrate. It's especially wonderful when the kittens start could have easily put it off people for life.

Good luck to all three of the "Burns Kittens." Hope they're all living the kind of life they should've got from the very beginning. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
A happy story
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 13:26:45 PM »
A while ago 3 kittens were taken in by a local rescue having been dumped. There were 3 of them and they, sadly, became known as The Burns Kittensas some  :censored: had used them to stub out cigarettes. Apparantly, the burns were all over their little bodies. They were nursed back to health with TLC and veterinary care.

Two were then rehomed together leaving one little guy by himself. He eventually found a home. This must have been a good year or so ago but these little kittens were absolutely beautiful given their ordeal.

I heard at the weekend that the new owner of the solitary guy has emigrated to USA. It is not the usual story that accompanies that. The lady wrote to the rescue sending a picture of the Burns Kitten (now grown up) enjoying life in his new home in USA. He apparantly looks like he has fallen firmly on his feet as 'King of the Castle' and 'the cat that got the cream'. :) :)

It is always great to hear of happy stories but particularly given the horrific start that this guy had at the expense of human beings (if the perpetrators can be considered that)
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Link to CatChat