Author Topic: Oh my  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Oh my
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 16:05:36 PM »
I find Jasmine seems to prefer meatier food. Dry food in the fishy flavours she wont touch. I got a free sample of Purina One in chicken and she loves it, got another one in salmon I think it was, wont lip it.

Gonna look for some coley next time I'm at the shops, don't remember ever seeing it before  :-:

Karen you can get coley from most supermarkets in the freezer section.  The easiest way to cook it is in the microwave ...

put it in a dish with a small amount of water, cover with clingfilm and "nuke" it for about 2½ mins on full power.  Let it cool then serve.  My lot love the water as well as the fish and lap it up.

Let it cool?

I should be so lucky!

Kylie behaves as if I am torturing her. I coook in in a tupperware with a vent for 3 minutes. Leave it another minute to cook fully (it carries on cooking a bit) then I have to break it up under a running tap to cool it. I'm sure it washes 1/2 the flavour out but kylie cries until she gets it.

Then she eats one tiny bit and goes back for nibbles here & there. Although she is "big boned" she is a dainty eater, little & often (a bit too often  :evillaugh: )
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gemma H (Akandra)

• Adult Cat
  • Hestia & Bacardi
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 15:20:49 PM »
Just brought some coley to try mine on - I can beat Tesco - Sainsburys £2.67 for 6 blocks.   :rofl:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 18:32:58 PM »
LOL Amber like spearmint and cammomile tea so much that I cant even leave the empty cup on the side I have to wash it imediately or she rolls it all over the place
love
Tab

Offline littleKitten_(alex)

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 09:56:18 AM »
Hm, have never given mine coley, but I've got to try it. They both LOVE steamed salmon fillet, and Monkey likes chicken. For a real treat, nothing beats prawns, though - my OH once bought some enormous tiger prawns over the counter, seriously the biggest ones I've ever seen, and the cats nearly passed out with excitement. They were very happy cats that night. Parma ham also goes down very well, although I only ever give them very small pieces because of the salt content. Has to be a good (expensive...) variety, though.

My babies also have some weird fancies - Monkey is seriously CRAZY about rocket :Crazy:, and Poppy loves carrots (cooked or raw) and baby spinach leaves. In fact, if there's no spinach or rocket around, they will make do with stealing any other salad leaf... And Monkey always tries to lick my lips when I'm eating toffees. Oh, and they both steal my herbal teas (I usually drink it lukewarm or cold - I never put hot liquids where they could get to them!). Peppermint and chamomile seem to be their favourites.

I do sometimes feel bad when my OH comes home and smells something nice cooking, only to be told that it's for Poppy and Monkey.  :rofl:

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 19:49:27 PM »
Thanks, Sam. I'll have a look next time I'm there  ;)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 19:44:00 PM »
I find Jasmine seems to prefer meatier food. Dry food in the fishy flavours she wont touch. I got a free sample of Purina One in chicken and she loves it, got another one in salmon I think it was, wont lip it.

Gonna look for some coley next time I'm at the shops, don't remember ever seeing it before  :-:

Karen you can get coley from most supermarkets in the freezer section.  The easiest way to cook it is in the microwave ...

put it in a dish with a small amount of water, cover with clingfilm and "nuke" it for about 2½ mins on full power.  Let it cool then serve.  My lot love the water as well as the fish and lap it up.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 18:48:49 PM »
Kylie loves Coley. My mum always gave it to our cats. I have tried others. Cod goes gown fairly well, "mixed white fish" is sniffed at but Coley is the favourite  ;D. The cheapest is tesco. 6 blocks for about £2.80. It doesn't seem to cook up to nothing like other fish so 1/2 steak is a good treat. Kylie gets so excited when it's cooking that I think she is going to pee  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 18:24:25 PM »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 18:28:56 PM »
Foxy and Zephyr both love Coley and go absolutely dotty over it.  They also love prawns and Zephyr gets really growly when he has them!  :rofl:  Rossi on the other hand hates all fish.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tracey

• Adult Cat
    • KatMaid
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 18:03:46 PM »
2 of my 3 love coley...in fact any fish. They will even growl at each other for it.

The Whiskas Oh so Fishy is very smelly, but again they cant get enough of it!
KatMaid..Staffordshire cat sitter
www.katmaid.co.uk

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 16:45:18 PM »
noooooooo dont say that they are NOT living on coley  :rofl:

love
Tab

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 16:41:16 PM »
Dinah had coley as a treat a couple of weeks ago.  It took four days before she's eat pouches of any description again - I had to mix fish into them to get her to eat  :Crazy:
At least I like fish though.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Oh my
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 16:22:56 PM »
Ive just given Mogs and Amber some coley as an easter treat. I gave them one fillet between them, fed them and went to clean the trays as usual, came back the bowls are completely empty!!

I think they might like coley and maybe I didnt give them enough  :evillaugh:

Why oh why do I start these things I hate fish  :sick:

love
Tab

Link to CatChat