Author Topic: Rescues cats old habits?  (Read 1570 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Rescues cats old habits?
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 11:49:10 AM »
I have had cats that hate males, I can't think of any other odd quirks but they must have had some!!
Please spay your cat

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 15:35:17 PM »
When I got Mogs she didnt like anyone coming round. She started coming out for friends who have cats and made a fuss of her but wouldnt go near my Dad or any male friends. Dad just freaked her out but then he did treat her like a dog and heavily 'pat' her ribs which really didnt go down well. After that she never went near him until one time when he had been working on my car and came in to wash his hands. Before he got anywhere near the sink Mogs was on the arm of the chair yowing at him to stroke her. Shes been a lot better around him since as hes got more gentle and when I had work done on the flat kept turning up with prawn butties which he shared with her.
Amber on the otherhand is just odd. A total stranger visits and she comes out and walks all over them, my parents visit and there no sign of her. I think she just doesnt like my parents not that its something from 'before'
love
Tab

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 13:16:34 PM »
Polly loves anything that makes a peeping sound, including my mobile phone keys when I'm texting. Some PC games attract her too. I have to be careful when she's sleeping peacefully and I want to send a text!
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 16:41:41 PM »
Lirael loves when someone rings the door bell or knocks, she’s right there ready to great them.

She also answers the microwave, the alarm clock, the kitchen timer and the phone – well she thinks she answers them ;)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 16:35:23 PM »
I want to give any man who walks into my house a serious operation... soprano voices are much more appealing to Lexy.... she hid from the gutter cleaning man for 2 days and he was here for 10 mins!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 16:33:39 PM »
If theres a knock at the door Millys face will drop, a look of horror and she runs for her life! I dont want to know what made her fear a knock, its sure to be mean   :censored:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 13:13:12 PM »
I have to change our doorbell. Lexy associates it with something and hides, so whenever the same bell sound appears on TV I have to go findher under my bed!!  :rofl:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
Rescues cats old habits?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 12:56:44 PM »
I just thought I would post this one as it makes me and Phil laugh and I just wondered if anyone else had similar...

Whenever there is an advert or TV programme where a doorbell rings, Doc jumps up really excited and looks at the door (we dont have a doorbell  :rofl: )

We assume he was in the fosters house long enough that he got used to her doorbell and the fact that it meant visitors (when we went to the fosters to get him and rang the bell, we could see lots of cats coming to sit infront of the door before the fosterer got there, was v amusing to have a little audience at the door!  :rofl: )

Gerti doesnt do it despite being in the same house, I think it is because he was there alot longer than she was  :(

Does anyone else have similar "habits" their cats picked up from their foster/previous homes?

Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Link to CatChat