Author Topic: happy and sad feelings  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: happy and sad feelings
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 07:47:06 AM »
going to a new spot and walked him to the car,

What a nice idea.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline lynne

• Adult Cat
  • Ziggy (9 yrs old)
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 07:18:09 AM »
Well today is the day, Im feeling emotional for many rerasons.  Feeling Ok, Shadow loved our garden so I feel he is happy here.  He knows he was loved and much wanted, we miss him so much.

I could not dig him up, he will remain here

Who am I kidding, Im not ok really , just dealing with it!  Many tears today I know, they have already started

Lynne  Xxx
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 07:30:12 AM by lynne »

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 21:22:36 PM »
my parents moved a year after our family cat had passed on, i went to uni a week after he left us but i buried him in our garden, when my parents moved i came back the day  before the house was sold (there was an overlap) and went to where he was buried, told him abut the move and why then told him he  had to come with me and that his spirit was going to a new spot and walked him to the car, held the door for him and took "him" to the new place. its completely mad but i felt he was coming with us then. i still feel like hes about in a house hes never lived in. i also took a photo of the spot hes buried so i feel like i can visit his eathly remains

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 19:45:36 PM »
My Mum and Dad found a  100 year old gravestone at the bottom of their garden - it belongs to "Punch".
Made us feel sad to start with, but it's nice to know that the people who lived in the house years before loved their pets.

Hope the move goes well lynne!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 21:02:34 PM by Baggy »

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 19:38:46 PM »

My mate worked for a recycling stone place and our then 3 bridge kids Toerag,Haggis and Moose all have recycled "human" headstomes with writing and their names dates etc,

My ^Star^ and ^Marmite^ have white marble headstones with their names and dates on them.
They have proper little graves with white shingle (just like you would see in a cemetery)

My ^Pooh^ had a wooden plaque as we never found his body so i didnt want a headstone

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 19:34:39 PM »
I know someone who when they moved dug their dog up and took it with them. I personally think it is nicer to do what you have done and tell the new owners and it is  nice to be in the garden the little one used to play in.

I have ^Star^, ^Marmite^ and ^Storm^ and a 2wk old kitten buried in my back garden -
When i buried the first one i asked my Dad if he would dig them up if i ever moved, he said he would if that is what i really wanted but now i dont think i would

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 19:31:34 PM »
When we moved we dug up our 3 boys urns and they came in the car with me and the look on the removal mens faces when we said oh those 3 large grave stones are to go to was quite funny.

My mate worked for a recycling stone place and our then 3 bridge kids Toerag,Haggis and Moose all have recycled "human" headstomes with writing and their names dates etc, now just have to find a place similar up here or when I am next down at my Dads will be off to order 2 more for Holly and Breeze and hope they deliver!

Our garden of remembrance is taking shape well its marked out on the lawn now and the kids are currently resting on the shelves in our bedroom, some thought we were mad to bring them when wbut they are family so came as well, when we both go all the ashes are being split between us so we can all be together in our final resting place - thats in our wills and any survivors are well taken car of then they join us when its their time!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 14:27:31 PM »
We moved house last year and our mouse Mordor was buried in the back yard, I didn’t want to dig him up so we left him.

I did however paint up a rock (that was in the same garden) with his name on it and everything along with one of his favourite sleep places (it’s a coconut with holes in it) and both are in our new garden as a memory of him.

I have my one cat’s (little girl) ashes coming from the US at some point so I’ll have to figure out what to do with those (assuming they make it through customs – I’ve never been sent ashes before).

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 14:19:57 PM »
I know someone who when they moved dug their dog up and took it with them. I personally think it is nicer to do what you have done and tell the new owners and it is  nice to be in the garden the little one used to play in.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 14:21:22 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 14:17:45 PM »
 :hug:

This is exactly the reason why I couldnt bury my cat in the garden, I knew I was moving out of there and couldnt bear the thought of leaving her behind. So I had her cremated instead and now she will be with me wherever I go. :)

I think its perfectly fine to bury them in the garden and I would of done this if I was happy where I was.

Lynne his spirit will be going with you remember that.  :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 14:19:40 PM by ccmacey »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 14:14:27 PM »
that is really sad, we have Algie and Bluto's ashes in our garden so when we leave that will be sad, I broke Bluto's bowl quite recently and oh was really upset because it was the last thing of his we had left, take them and put the in the loft I would!

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 14:11:42 PM »
 :hug: :hug: awww lynne
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline lynne

• Adult Cat
  • Ziggy (9 yrs old)
happy and sad feelings
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 14:08:37 PM »
 Moving house tomorrow, sorted Zig out, so one less stress to worry about.

Moving to a nice house with cat friendly garden. so VERY happy!

Sad thing is shadow is buried in my garden and I have to leave him behind, Im in tears. just found his blanket and bed in loft, cant bring myself to pack it or leave it behind, or worse, bin it.

I have made the spot where he is buried pretty with new plants and seeds, and let my buyers know he is buried there so hopefully they wont disturb him.

I miss Shadow so much still, it hurts  Im trying to be positive and not cry too much, but its so hard to let go.

lynne X
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 14:11:16 PM by lynne »

Link to CatChat