Author Topic: Special people  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
Re: Special people
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 22:45:32 PM »
Hope you get yourself sussed healthwise, Leigh.  :luck: with the tests

The furry gang here send hugs n purrs :cuddle: and the human sends her best wishes too!  :)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 21:12:47 PM »
Missed you Tuesday night Leigh.   Know what you  mean - people are great - when you think what they have to cope with, and how philosophical they are - what a lesson to learn.

Sending hugs to you Leigh.  One of life's special people you are. :care:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 21:04:46 PM »
Hang well, dude

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline ddraigmor

• Adult Cat
  • Minstrel - Crossed the bridge 6.12. 2006.
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 20:43:37 PM »
Leigh,

Hang in mate - these things are simply sent and we have no choice but we do not have to go (as Dylan Thomas suggested) 'gently into that dark night'

All the best thoughts to you.

Jonty
'People who hate cats will come back as mice'
'I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room ful of rocking chairs......'

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 19:47:12 PM »
Aww Leigh, I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected hospital visit :(

Hope everythings ok!

That was great of your friend to go feed the wee yins hahaha!!

Sarah x

fuzziesdad

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 19:28:31 PM »
poor you mate hope the results are what you want them to be,I have also spent many a boring hour or 100 in hospitals and its amazing how many people you meet and talk to and those that are worse off than you make you think about how you might cope with the problems they have.   

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 19:15:39 PM »
We wondered why you hadnt been in Cats Basket and now we know.

I hope the results show what is causing the pain cos I find results that dont show anything and you still in same situation to be very frustrating.

Take care of yourself and those cats, its great you got someone to call on. :hug: :hug:

Yes you are right, some peeps make one feel so humble

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 19:10:09 PM »
 :hug: sending lots of positive vibes that the results are OK.

Take care

Sam xx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 18:31:15 PM »
I hope youre feeling better now and that the results are good news
love
Tab

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 13:11:15 PM »
Oh Leigh you poor thing.  Keeping everything crossed that your results are what they need to be  :)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 11:48:59 AM »
Good luck for a positive or a negative result (whichever is in your best interest) when you get the results.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
Special people
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 11:29:52 AM »
Hi folks,

I had a pretty adventurous day yesterday. I went to the doctor at 9.30 yesterday morning and mentioned in passing that I had the pain in my chest that I've been getting a lot recently and the reason I'm on the beta-blockers and asparin and she sent me right up to the hospital. Twenty minutes and one taxi cab later I found myself at A&E having another ECG and blood test. Then I saw a doctor and a male nurse stuck this bloody great needle in my stomach to inject anti-bllood clotting stuff, an nice Australian guy who, on showing me the 3 inch long needle  said "this is going to hurt mate", got to love medical humour, he wasn't wrong  :). I had some tablets to thin the blood and a chest x-ray and they wheeled me upto a ward, ironicallky about 2 minutes walk from the ward my mum's in :).  There I spent the day waiting until 10 o'clock last night for more blood tests and ECG and a further two hours until the blood test results came back and they were in a position to let me know if they were going to send me home or keep me in the night. In the meantime of course I was worried about the cats and phoned a friend and she came up to see me to get my spare keys and then went round to my place and fed the cats for me. eventually I got home from the hospital at 1:30 this morning and she'd not only fed the cats but done my washibng up as well bless her, box of chocs for that one Val. All the puds delighted to see me home and me equally delighted and relieved to see them :). So now got to wait until I go back to the doctor and see her for the results as to where we go next.

Oh, and the special people ?....

I'm referring to the other patients in my ward, the liittle old lady who told me all about her wartime experiences "oh we 'ad such fun, dancing, I didn't have much to do with the yanks though" etc. etc., the chap opposite in with a heart problem, the old chap with a bad heart problem all cheery and living life to the full, what makes them special is that they aren't special that's to say they're just normal ordinary folk liiving ordinary everday lives despite their medical problems. I spent most of my day getting them hot drinks from the faciliities provide and chatting, makes you appreciate how everybodys special in one way or another. I'm pretty gregarious and love chatting and finding out about folks and the day spent in the ward with them was speical, everyone's equal in a place l;ike that, sort of in the same boat made me feel pretty humble hearing what they'd gone through. They said that I had to stay,  I joked that they'd have to get their own drinks tomorrow :).
 The old chap was taken very poorly and I went and got a doctor for him, as they wheeled him out to another ward  he couldn't talk as he had an oxygen mask on, we exchanged thumbs up gestures :), hope he's okay, hang on in there my old son.

i'm juist relieved to be back home with my puds :)

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 11:43:54 AM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Link to CatChat