Author Topic: Golden Oldies - restful and quiet?!  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Golden Oldies - restful and quiet?!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 22:36:44 PM »
aww, bless her. i haven't had much of that with my oldies fortunatlely, although Molly did like walking along the wall last summer - there is only a 20 foot drop the other side of it, all the other cats ignore it!!! And as she is a skittish cat, I couldn't even go and retrieve her, I had to try and coax her down with my heart in my mouth.
Good luck with her though, and I do hope things work out for her owner
Please spay your cat

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 17:11:40 PM »
Awww bless her wee paws  :)

Sounds like she is having a great time  :evillaugh:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 14:35:19 PM »
Awww go Dinah  ;D Sounds like shes loving it where she is
love
Tab

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 14:34:45 PM »
Peeling her was quite a challenge :evillaugh:
Her owner is thankfully a lot better, but still in hospital so it looks as if she will have to go straight into a nursing home.  Unless there's any change this week we'll be taking her permanently (as long as she behaves herself  :shify:!)
One day I glanced out of the patio door to see Tiggy slowly climbing up her escape ladder - I rushed out in bare feet and a dressing gown and managed to snatch her back from the top rung just in time.  :Crazy:
Lucky you spotted her!  If there's a way out (or in) you can guarantee the second you're not looking, they'll find it, even if they've been out there 1000 times with company....such is the way of cats!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 14:05:58 PM »
Ah, bless her  :Luv:  I have a lovely image of you peeling her from the fence  :rofl:  Any news on her owner, does it still look like you will be adopting her permanently?

In my last house Tiggy was allowed supervised access to the garden, she just used to walk around the perimetrer and then come straight back in so I used to wait for her by the patio doors. The fencing was 6ft all round and I blocked up any escape routes... or so I thought.  At the bottom of the garden there was a wooden pallet which the previous owners left behind when we moved in.  It was lent up against the fence so the grass could still grow.  One day I glanced out of the patio door to see Tiggy slowly climbing up her escape ladder - I rushed out in bare feet and a dressing gown and managed to snatch her back from the top rung just in time.  I'm so glad I caught her as I would have been mystified as to were she had gone  :Crazy:

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 13:58:00 PM »
Sounds as if they're enjoying their new envirronment! It amazes me that something so light-footed as a cat cat make so much noise when it's running :shy:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 13:55:19 PM »
Heehee! Go Dinah  ;D

Well my 2 new ones Jasper and Zeta (12 and 13) were both dashing around upstairs this morning, going from room to room, up over the bed, onto the windowsill, back over the bed, down the stairs, back up the stairs, first one chasing, then the other - sounded like a herd of elephants  :Crazy: Both fast asleep now!

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
Golden Oldies - restful and quiet?!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 13:50:12 PM »
When we were given Dinah to look after we were told she spent 90% of her time sleeping....and was a restful companion.
Well, she's running us ragged!  :rofl:
We've been giving her supervised walks around the garden, but yesterday we had to peel her off a 6' fence three times and retrieve her from underneath a shrub. 
Today she woke me up at 4.30am - and asked to be let out into the garden  :Crazy: She was very cross when I refused!
Now, even though she's already had half an hour outside killing the garden hose, followed by 15 mins with her catnip mouse she's trampling round, miaowing to be let back out and scratling at the cat flap. :evillaugh:
I feel so mean but don't want to let her out alone just yet just in case she gets disorientated and wanders off....she's had limited access to outdoors over the last few years but grew up in the countryside.  Now she's back in the countryside I think it's sparked off a second kittenhood!

Link to CatChat